Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-03-2014, 08:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default [Soft Launch: CA] Spy Wars (by Hothead Games)

Quote:
CA Soft Launch info:

The Game is Soft Launching in Canada. Size of the app is 45.8 MB.

Price in CA is Free.

Requirements:

Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Spy Wars is a new combat strategy game!

Government secrets have been leaked, creating an international diplomatic crisis, shattering peace and inciting a global spy war. The race to retrieve these secrets has begun and great power awaits those who succeed!

Command a team of spy agents to hack computers, crack safes, set traps and break down your opponent’s defenses. Infiltrate rival spy bases and secure top secret information from thousands of players online in player versus player battles!

You must take control of a top secret spy agency and restore the balance of global power! Train your agents, upgrade your headquarters and rule the world of global espionage.

Highlights:

- Conduct spy missions in secret locations across the globe, working with governments and other important covert characters

- Train special agents to be the best spies in the world, including The Hacker, The Locksmith, The Saboteur, The Demolitionist and The Brawler

- Build an impenetrable spy base to protect your own secrets, by setting up security stations, traps, and laser defenses around your command center.

- Sabotage your rivals’ spy bases stripping them of valuable cash and vital intel in competitive online PVP battles

- Compete with your friends and climb the worldwide ranks to become the ultimate Spy Wars winner!

- Game Center Achievements

By downloading this app you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of Hothead's Terms of Use (www.hotheadgames.com/termsofuse) and are subject to Hothead's Privacy Policy (www.hotheadgames.com/privacy-policy).

©2014 Hothead Games Inc., Hothead, and Spy Wars are trademarks or registered trademarks of Hothead Games Inc., all rights reserved.

iPhone Screenshots:

Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

This looks awesome, but F2P...
Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 PM

soft launch aarrgh!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I don't really enjoy being negative in posts but I can safely say that you're fine without this game Bronxsta. It's your typical buy buildings with coins and gems and complete missions by tapping on objectives and using energy. I was a little disappointed as Hothead have published/developed some games I really enjoyed such as Deathspank, Penny Arcarde ORSTPOD and Swarm.

It's not a bad game if you're expecting the Facebook game style gameplay but I can't imagine that's what you're hoping for
Old 04-03-2014, 10:18 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I don't really enjoy being negative in posts but I can safely say that you're fine without this game Bronxsta. It's your typical buy buildings with coins and gems and complete missions by tapping on objectives and using energy. I was a little disappointed as Hothead have published/developed some games I really enjoyed such as Deathspank, Penny Arcarde ORSTPOD and Swarm.

It's not a bad game if you're expecting the Facebook game style gameplay but I can't imagine that's what you're hoping for
Yup. I was really hoping for something more. I have Boom beach if I want to play a "town" building game. Deleted.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post

Thanks for the impressions. Those screenshots made me think it would be like Klei's Invisible Inc. or something. At least the art style looks great
Old 04-03-2014, 11:16 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-03-2014, 11:24 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

hahahhaaha sanuku beat me to it
Old 04-03-2014, 11:44 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Aw man I wanted this to be good but it's not? Lame.. love the spy theme though.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Aw man I wanted this to be good but it's not? Lame.. love the spy theme though.
Yeah, unfortunately. Though don't get me wrong - it's actually one of the more interesting games of this style. Slightly more involving gameplay and the theme, as you've seen, is more attractive. I'll probably play it for a couple of days and see if I want to keep it, though I generally decide not to once it gets grindy.

I was kind of hoping for a stealth adventure as Bronxsta suggested. I think my views on the game are more clouded by disappointment that it didn't play how I hoped than rather than the game actually being bad. I'll try to leave impressions later.

Edit: Well it's gone from my iPad. Had the server go down a few times when trying to do missions, loss of connection from the internet which reloaded old saves so had to redo certain parts and it crashed a couple of times too. Not to mention it got grindy very quicky, there's no way you could get everything done in the missions by the third storyline event so you're either struggling along getting 1 star each level or spending real money. Ah well!

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 04-04-2014 at 02:36 AM..