Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Picked this up this morning. Only a couple of early/tutorial levels in but very nice. Stuck it on my iPad by mistake so will sticknon my phone now. Universal would be great. Liked very much what I played through.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Picked this up this morning. Only a couple of early/tutorial levels in but very nice. Stuck it on my iPad by mistake so will sticknon my phone now. Universal would be great. Liked very much what I played through.
Opposite of this, the trailer was funny and cute but these levels and puzzle are not as fun as I hope, still I guess it's better than buying a fake mine craft app.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Default Game Impressions

First, the art is amazing, everything seems hand-drawn, character have a lot of animations, they seem live to me... Very good indeed. Has a lot of personality.
Controls are as easy as tap anywhere to interact or move to the desired location and there is a button to switch characters. Easy and simple. Made for touchscreens
Gameplay, you have to use Love and Hate to interact and move the Others around to make a path and reach the red button. Puzzle Platformer would ne the closest tag I think. So far so good although the lack of GameCenter is a minus in my book
Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

@bramblett05 Sorry, no lite version planned as of now. It would also take at least another week to get one approved, so we will stick with our sale first as it is only .99$ / .79 right now.

@TheFrost Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

@slamraman Thanks for playing the game, we are glad you liked it so far!

@Hambo12 Sorry you didn't like it, maybe you will find it more challenging a little later as the early stages are made so beginners get ahold of the controls and mechanics in the game. There will be more other ones with different abilities that make for more challenging and fun puzzles.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
First, the art is amazing, everything seems hand-drawn, character have a lot of animations, they seem live to me... Very good indeed. Has a lot of personality.
Controls are as easy as tap anywhere to interact or move to the desired location and there is a button to switch characters. Easy and simple. Made for touchscreens
Gameplay, you have to use Love and Hate to interact and move the Others around to make a path and reach the red button. Puzzle Platformer would ne the closest tag I think. So far so good although the lack of GameCenter is a minus in my book
Thanks for sharing your honest oppinion! We might add Game Center later on, we had it in the game but wanted to add more than just plain "Finished level 1" - "Finished level 60" achievements so we want to spent some time to create some interesting and challenging achievements.

All of the graphics are indeed handmade as well as the sound and music.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhoax View Post
Thanks for sharing your honest oppinion! We might add Game Center later on, we had it in the game but wanted to add more than just plain "Finished level 1" - "Finished level 60" achievements so we want to spent some time to create some interesting and challenging achievements.

All of the graphics are indeed handmade as well as the sound and music.
Great to hear that, looking forward to see how those achievements are... And for the music, I played it on mute

Also sent you a PM
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

No iPhone 5 support.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

I always prefer platformers on the iPhone instead of iPad, but this one doesn't have virtual buttons, so I suppose that would make it better on iPad (I prefer all other games on iPad, generally). Would love to hear from the dev whether they plan to make this version universal or come out with a separate HD version.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

@saiyukialex We put great effort into supporting old devices and older iOS versions. Those will be dropped when we add iPhone 5 support. It will be added in an update later on but for the initial release we decided to support all devices and iOS versions over having the 4" support.

@lena Even though not finally decided we plan on updating the current iPhone version to support the iPad. There is quite a few things to consider, e.g. the huge size of retina iPad graphics, which will unnecessarily blow up the app size for users with older, non-retina devices. This is basically the main reason speaking for seperate versions. imho the main reason against it is that users who bought the iPhone app should not have to buy a universal app to play on their iPads, as they are the ones who supported the app from the beginning. You will however enjoy this game on the smaller iPhone/iTouch screen as the controls have been made for that screen, give it a try!

Last edited by digitalhoax; 11-20-2012 at 04:24 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 03:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I've just got aeound to playing the first 10 levels and I must say, I'm impressed.

In was already impressed when I discovered the feature how the girl character can attract others to come a space closer by saying I love you.. I was so amused and thought wow ive never seen this sort of gameplay in a game before!
Then I noticed the guy character says "I hate you" to other guys, which makes them take a step back. What a brilliant innovative concept! Love it.

I haven't played much yet, so I'm not sure what other gameplay elements get added later on.. But I thought it'd be cool if there was certain planks of wood that can only hold one character at a time, or it cracks and breaks/falls away.

Also, it could have worked if only the boy could jump, and the girl couldn't, maybe the girls power could be she is lighter, so she can climb over the bridges without breaking them, and the guy could be the jumper.

Maybe if it ever got more level packs, it could say they got married and the girl put on weight as a result, she can no longer jump.
Just an idea because Its good to change up gameplay after a while..new gameplay elements being introduced keep the game fresh, though I havebt played much of this one yet, so I'm not sure how it evolves.l will go back now and play some more.. Enjoying every moment so far, seems to play quite nicely on iPad, even with the black border which is quite pleasant!

Edit-
Just played throuh about half the game, haven't passed level 30 yet, but I can say, the difficulty does progress quite nicely. Yes the first few levels are very easy like someone else mentioned, but it's just teaching you how to play.. It's been a decent level of difficulty so far, and some nice new gameplay elements being added.. I liked the cauldrons and the ghosts.. And the dead people.. All add a nice fresh twist to the gameplay and keeps you thinking once you become immune to the routine you have already mastered.
A very nice variety.. Enjoying how it's progressing immensely. Really gorgeous game..pretty sure apple will feature it.

Last edited by Snozberry; 10-23-2012 at 04:39 PM..