Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-23-2012, 04:37 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhoax View Post
@lena Even though not finally decided we plan on updating the current iPhone version to support the iPad. There is quite a few things to consider, e.g. the huge size of retina iPad graphics, which will unnecessarily blow up the app size for users with older, non-retina devices. This is basically the main reason speaking for seperate versions. imho the main reason against it is that users who bought the iPhone app should not have to buy a universal app to play on their iPads, as they are the once who supported the app from the beginning. You will however enjoy this game on the smaller iPhone/iTouch screen as the controls have been made for that screen, give it a try!
I can totally empathize about the file size. I own a 16GB iPad 1 and space is an issue for me as well. I didn't mean to imply that the controls wouldn't work fine on an iPhone, it's just that I much, much prefer my iPad for playing almost all games, so I tend to not play on my iPhone unless there is a really compelling reason to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry
Maybe if it ever got more level packs, it could say they got married and the girl put on weight as a result, she can no longer jump.
New gameplay elements are great, but it is much nicer if that is done without stereotypes and cliches.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:22 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

@Snozberry Wow, I am overwhelmed by how much interpretation and thought you already put in the game! Thanks for the kind words, we definitely have quite a few game elements we would like to add in case we will be able to further work on the game. I am really glad you liked it thus far, and be assured, after you played through half of the game it has still another setting and more interesting other ones that spice up gameplay and allow for more challenging puzzles.

@lena As Snozberry mentioned, it does play quite nicely on an iPad 1/2. The only downside is that apple doesn't use the retina graphics when zoomed in, so the update for the universal version will improve the look dramatically once it is ready.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:40 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Out now in the uk
Old 10-24-2012, 03:01 AM

@digitalhoax

Any Plans to go Universal? Specially with the new upcoming iDevices the Game might sell a lot more better if you kinda give this small Gem a little Unioversal Love.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:06 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

This has been pasted from a moved thread and is now obsolete. Thanks for merging the two threads though!

Last edited by digitalhoax; 10-24-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
@digitalhoax

Any Plans to go Universal? Specially with the new upcoming iDevices the Game might sell a lot more better if you kinda give this small Gem a little Unioversal Love.
We definitely want to do the iPad versions of the game, though I am not sure how fast we can realize it. We are a team of three and do this in our free time while also working and studying at university. At an early stage we did have iPad support and it played very well, almost no zooming required on the larger screen. The upcoming iPad Mini might be the perfect device to play the game and it would be great to have an iPad version ready until release... let's see how this turns out, I will definitely keep you informed on this thread and post any status updates.

Thanks for all the ideas and comments, keep 'em coming, it can only improve the game!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 AM

Hi there this looks great love the art style.... I will buy when there is iPhone 5 screen size support..... How long till then please?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:12 AM

Wow! Just stumbled across this game whilst browsing the TA app. Brilliant game! Loving it! :-)
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

@RickyBrooke There is no ETA for an iPhone 5 version, but iPad will definitely be a priority. A friend of mine finished the game on her iPhone 5 and it plays just as nice as it does on previous devices, maybe give it a try?!

@BrettArchibald I am glad you like it, thanks for the kind words! Enjoy the game!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhoax View Post
@RickyBrooke There is no ETA for an iPhone 5 version, but iPad will definitely be a priority. A friend of mine finished the game on her iPhone 5 and it plays just as nice as it does on previous devices, maybe give it a try?!

@BrettArchibald I am glad you like it, thanks for the kind words! Enjoy the game!
By the way - if you're taking votes, put me down as another in favour of an iPhone 5 update and an iPad version.