Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-20-2013, 10:56 AM

digitalhoax,

I, too, came across this "glitch" reported by farley. I was able to derive another alternate solution that did not have to make use of this glitchy behavior to solve the level.

Still, it leaves me puzzled as to why you cannot "program" the behavior to avoid this problem entirely. Can you advise? Are there other levels you came across that has this ambiguous behavior?

So far, I am enjoying the game very much. This is a very clever take on the "push the crate" type puzzles. Very neat mechanics and clever solutions for many levels, but not too taxing as to frustrate the gamer. Nicely balanced levels. Great artwork. Lots of whimsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
Argh! I was having so much fun with this game and I just suddenly hit a brick wall on level 11!
I've been stuck on this level for ages, but I just can't figure out what to do!
Someone please help?

I'm having a great deal of trouble figuring out the logic of this game, when it appears to me that the logic is flawed. Please correct me if the following scenario is logical?
(Please view the attachment screenshots below.)
Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
digitalhoax,

I, too, came across this "glitch" reported by farley. I was able to derive another alternate solution that did not have to make use of this glitchy behavior to solve the level.

Still, it leaves me puzzled as to why you cannot "program" the behavior to avoid this problem entirely. Can you advise? Are there other levels you came across that has this ambiguous behavior?

So far, I am enjoying the game very much. This is a very clever take on the "push the crate" type puzzles. Very neat mechanics and clever solutions for many levels, but not too taxing as to frustrate the gamer. Nicely balanced levels. Great artwork. Lots of whimsy.
Glad you enjoy the game. The glitch does not affect gameplay in a bad way, worst that can happen is it gives you more possible moves, which isn't bad at all.

As it seems as if this does confuse some, I might just remove this behaviour. There is only one level I can think of, that actually is easier to solve if this trick is used. So no worries about it affecting gameplay.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM

Thanks for your reply, digitalhoax.

There is another odd behavior that I saw which I cannot explain. I am attaching a screenshot here. In this level, the "pot" would consistently fall ON TOP of "the other one" so that they overlap each other and occupy the same space. Somehow, I don't think this is intended behavior. The game then locks up, as there is no further response of Love or Hate. You cannot even undo the step.

Can you explain?

Also, which is the "only level" in the game that has the other behavior you discussed earlier? Can you tell me the level number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhoax View Post
Glad you enjoy the game. The glitch does not affect gameplay in a bad way, worst that can happen is it gives you more possible moves, which isn't bad at all.

As it seems as if this does confuse some, I might just remove this behaviour. There is only one level I can think of, that actually is easier to solve if this trick is used. So no worries about it affecting gameplay.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, digitalhoax.

There is another odd behavior that I saw which I cannot explain. I am attaching a screenshot here. In this level, the "pot" would consistently fall ON TOP of "the other one" so that they overlap each other and occupy the same space. Somehow, I don't think this is intended behavior. The game then locks up, as there is no further response of Love or Hate. You cannot even undo the step.

Can you explain?

Also, which is the "only level" in the game that has the other behavior you discussed earlier? Can you tell me the level number?

Seems as if there is a bug in the latest version, we will fix it in the next update, sorry for the inconvenience. There is one level in the latest update (levels 60 - 70) that is harder to finish without using the glitch described in the other post, but all levels are designed to work without using the glitch.

Thanks for pointing out the bug, we will submit a bug fix and probably some more levels soon.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:08 PM

More levels? I was hoping there were no updates planned - I'm short of space on my phone and was planning to delete this to make some room, but it's so charming and well-crafted that I can't bring myself to do so if there are more levels on the way!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 PM

Glad to help.

Thanks for the tip. I will watch out specifically for that level.

I am at the levels with the teleport. Brilliant idea in integrating the teleport as part of the path solution. So many other games use the teleport simply to get from point A and B. You enhanced this rather simple mechanic into a sophisticated one by allowing the teleport to move. This allows for many creative solutions to be made using the teleport as one of the "other ones" building block and opens a level up to different solutions.

Quote:
Seems as if there is a bug in the latest version, we will fix it in the next update, sorry for the inconvenience. There is one level in the latest update (levels 60 - 70) that is harder to finish without using the glitch described in the other post, but all levels are designed to work without using the glitch.

Thanks for pointing out the bug, we will submit a bug fix and probably some more levels soon.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
More levels? I was hoping there were no updates planned - I'm short of space on my phone and was planning to delete this to make some room, but it's so charming and well-crafted that I can't bring myself to do so if there are more levels on the way!
We plan to at least finish the set of 20 levels for the ice/snow setting (currently 10) and then in the next update might have a completely new setting.

Quote:
Glad to help.

Thanks for the tip. I will watch out specifically for that level.

I am at the levels with the teleport. Brilliant idea in integrating the teleport as part of the path solution. So many other games use the teleport simply to get from point A and B. You enhanced this rather simple mechanic into a sophisticated one by allowing the teleport to move. This allows for many creative solutions to be made using the teleport as one of the "other ones" building block and opens a level up to different solutions.
I am glad you like it. We hope to get the update out as soon as possible, as this is in fact a rather annoying bug. Thanks again and I hope you can puzzle your way around it ;-)
Old 01-24-2013, 12:46 PM

Thanks, I just finished the game.

Once again, I love how you introduce a totally new mechanic with the last 10 levels (I presumed that it was an update). Some very clever puzzles, but finely tuned so that the game will perplex and challenge the player but not to unduly frustrate the player causing the player to quit prematurely. This is a sign of great puzzle design.

Overall, very satisfying experience. Well worth a buy!

Quote:
We plan to at least finish the set of 20 levels for the ice/snow setting (currently 10) and then in the next update might have a completely new setting.

I am glad you like it. We hope to get the update out as soon as possible, as this is in fact a rather annoying bug. Thanks again and I hope you can puzzle your way around it ;-)
Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Hey there - just updated today. I was on level 69 last night and planned to finish it today. Now I can go all the way to level 80. Just noticed though that I can now access all levels (ie in my case 69 to 80) so in theory I don't know which I've completed or not. Great game though.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:30 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Hey there - just updated today. I was on level 69 last night and planned to finish it today. Now I can go all the way to level 80. Just noticed though that I can now access all levels (ie in my case 69 to 80) so in theory I don't know which I've completed or not. Great game though.
Sorry for the inconvenience! We have just found that bug ourselfs and even though it shouldbe really easy to fix the update will have to go through review again. Again, sorry for the stupid mistake we made there and thanks for playing the game!