Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Zengrams (by Gameblyr)

Old 11-14-2014, 12:13 PM

Default Game Impressions

Old 11-15-2014, 02:02 PM

What an excellent game! I love this sort of thing: an attractive, beautifully constructed puzzler that lets me ponder and fiddle and ponder and fiddle some more. It's incredibly satisfying when I (finally) figure out the solution to a puzzle that's been eluding me! I'm on level 23 right now, and will be right back at it as soon as I post this. This game is right up my alley, and gets 5 stars from me.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:02 PM

OMG, level 30 just about did me in!

I am loving this game. The option to skip a level you're stuck on and come back to it later would be very nice. On the other hand, when I struggle and conquer (finally) a level I feel like such a badass.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

I like the game but I am missing Game Center, without achievements I don't feel the urge to Finnish this game.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:41 AM

Universal Gameplay

Old 11-19-2014, 04:33 PM

Finished the game. Refreshing take on classic dissection tile game Tangram.

This description of the game from the App Store made by the developer peaked my interest:

***WARNING: Zengrams is the most challenging puzzle game on iOS***

The game definitely has a few clever puzzles. I think the developer is wise to restrain themselves from creating overly complicated but otherwise "unfun" puzzles by just using many tile pieces and combining them in uninteresting and cumbersome ways. It avoids the trap of turning the game into another tiresome "trial and error" tangram game like so many other inferior clones.

I also like the fact that some (but not all) levels can solved in different configurations. These alternate solutions (particularly if a level can be solved in fewer steps that are allocated) are fun to discover.

In all, great puzzle game with a minimalistic design that is clever and fun. Not difficult game (as opposed to what the developer claims), so game is suitable even for novice puzzle fans.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:25 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
This description of the game from the App Store made by the developer peaked my interest:

***WARNING: Zengrams is the most challenging puzzle game on iOS***
Off the top of my head, I think I would say Colorbind was MUCH harder. I still have a few levels to finish on Zengrams so not sure if those will be the killer or not.

Great game though.

I somehow missed the whole Tangram thing.. I don't know too much about them and have little recollection of them being around when I was a kid.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:34 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I've been really enjoying this but level 36 has really stumped me, been stuck on it for days, could some kind person show me a screenshot of first move?
An option to skip a level or two ahead and being able to come back at a later points would be very much welcome, as I'm sick of staring the same puzzle and not sure how much longer I'll stick at it if I don't crack it soon.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:20 PM

Cloudpuff,

This is a strange level. The critical move is NOT the first move but the second move. See spoiler hint below for explanation.

•••Spoiler:   The exact placement in the first move is irrelevant as long as you move one of the shapes out of the way so that the second move can place the other shape in the "appropriate" position. For that second move, place the triangle so that the non-diagonal edges rest exactly on some parts of the non-diagonal edges in the center of the target outline. Once this is in place, you will see the next move that simply mirrors the previous move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I've been really enjoying this but level 36 has really stumped me, been stuck on it for days, could some kind person show me a screenshot of first move?
An option to skip a level or two ahead and being able to come back at a later points would be very much welcome, as I'm sick of staring the same puzzle and not sure how much longer I'll stick at it if I don't crack it soon.