★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ThreadBound

06-18-2009, 12:48 PM
ThreadBound

We have recently put a game on the App Store that experiments with some new ideas, and so far it's getting some getting some good reviews at iphoneincanada.ca/ and iphonefootprint.com/

Please check it out and let us know what you think!

Watch Game Trailer on Youtube

App Store

Our Page

Thanks,

NeverBored Studios
06-18-2009, 12:57 PM
i really like the soundtrack, seems to have a really good gameplay, its just 0.99 so great job one thing tho, you could've put a little more effort into the graphics but their still acceptable, game's still definitely worth getting

06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks! Yeah we decided to sacrifice some effort on the graphics to keep the price down. We didn't think we could compete with the big studios on graphics anyways. Gameplay, however, hopefully that is another matter ...
06-18-2009, 01:19 PM
so reading the reviews on itunes, one person mentioned the butterfly stick is hard to control, granted I have not played the game, but is this something you will adjust? or have you chalked it up to operator error? i'm interested in it, however I already have a plethora of games that are hard to control, and I don't need another.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
06-18-2009, 04:28 PM
That was really weird because we actually do have settings that allow you to change the very speeds that the person is complaining about, and we've never had this complaint before. As you can read in the other reviews I've linked, they actually like our controls.

Furthermore you can see a video where another reviewer actually shows how easy the controls are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0zu1hxP9SQ

So my guess is operator error ...
06-18-2009, 04:30 PM
don't you wish you could reply back to comments, not to bash the people but to try and help them

Boiler Up!
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Definitely. Well hopefully this here helps clear things up!
06-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverboredstudios View Post
Definitely. Well hopefully this here helps clear things up!
it's on my list to pick up soon. good luck with everything. does the game run well on 3.0?

Boiler Up!
06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks
Yes, we specifically did testing on 3.0 to make sure everything worked properly, so you should have no problems.
06-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverboredstudios View Post
That was really weird because we actually do have settings that allow you to change the very speeds that the person is complaining about, and we've never had this complaint before. As you can read in the other reviews I've linked, they actually like our controls.

Furthermore you can see a video where another reviewer actually shows how easy the controls are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0zu1hxP9SQ

So my guess is operator error ...

Ahh I should also mention, that even though in this video he shows that you can play with any two fingers, we really do suggest that you use your thumbs because we designed it that way and find it easiest that way.