• Publisher: Nolithius
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 13.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (5)
App description: Descend into the Crossword Dungeon, where every level is made up of a procedurally-generated crossword, and each letter guarded by a vile monster you must best!

Guess the correct letter to instantly dispatch the monster, or risk combat damage if incorrect.

Test your wits against crosswords of increasing complexity and monsters with deadly abilities with one of three classes with their own unique skills:

The Barbarian, a muscled berzerker who lives for the thrill of battle and feeds his rage with the blood of his enemies.

The Ranger, a feared hunter who uses a deadly combination of marksmanship and tracking instincts.

And the Scoundrel, a ne'er-do-well who makes the best of limited resources and subverts enemies' defenses with stealth attacks.

...each in search of riches and glory beneath the Crossword Dungeon.

Vovin's comments:

Now this looks fresh and fun. Diving in.... Geronimooooooo!
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Confirmed: it's really fun so far. Takes rogue-like to another level.
It is easy at first, but becomes challenging soon. I also like the retro style of the game. If you're into crosswords somehow, give it a try.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Original ! And absolutely loving the game will be giving 5 stars, 1 request this game would be even better with Game Center intergration with achievements pretty please make it happen ? )

10-23-2012, 11:42 AM
5 stars. This is great.
10-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Really novel game - enjoying it a lot. However, I have experienced a lot of word repetition in the lower levels - a larger collection of clues would really help this.
10-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Does this game feature any kind of map exploration, or does it just move from battle to battle?
10-23-2012, 12:41 PM
This seems awesome! I think i will try it soon

Dungeon Story - an awesome Puzzle-RPG experience for your iOS device!

Get the game here: iTunes App Store || Follow me on: Twitter and Facebook
10-23-2012, 01:18 PM
My sincere thanks for spreading the word on Crossword Dungeon; as some of you mentioned, it did come out of left field as I did very little to no marketing for it.

@sweetdiss, @violentv, @Exact-Psience, going Universal is one of the top items on my to-do list. Ultimately, I had to make the call to continue enhancing the game or to release it and update later, so I chose the latter.

@Gabrien, apologies on any factual inconsistencies! Let me know if you find any more and I will be sure to correct them in the next update. Also on the to-do: build a webservice-driven content management sytem for quick updates not requiring new binaries.

@Sloany, I tried to avoid making the content as little ethnocentric to the US as possible; hope that's the only word that's given you grief!

@Witcher77, Game Center integration is also in the works. I've got a lot of updates planned, as you can see, hehe.

@aceyprime, I'll certainly be adding more content soon, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks again to everyone for your support and feedback, please keep it coming!
10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
The game looks great and the dev is responsive! I'm in!
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
So is it like last as long as you can until you lose. Then start all over again?
10-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Fresh idea? Crosswords? Dungeon crawling? Pixel art? User friendly dev? Positive impressions from users?

Hell yes please!

Getting this baby immediately! As soon as I saw the screenshots I knew I wanted it, and the user comments have definitely given me the nudge necessary to get this gem.