★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Confirmed: it's really fun so far. Takes rogue-like to another level.
It is easy at first, but becomes challenging soon. I also like the retro style of the game. If you're into crosswords somehow, give it a try.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Original ! And absolutely loving the game will be giving 5 stars, 1 request this game would be even better with Game Center intergration with achievements pretty please make it happen ? )

10-23-2012, 11:42 AM
5 stars. This is great.
10-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Really novel game - enjoying it a lot. However, I have experienced a lot of word repetition in the lower levels - a larger collection of clues would really help this.
10-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Does this game feature any kind of map exploration, or does it just move from battle to battle?
10-23-2012, 12:41 PM
This seems awesome! I think i will try it soon

Dungeon Story - an awesome Puzzle-RPG experience for your iOS device!

Get the game here: iTunes App Store || Follow me on: Twitter and Facebook
10-23-2012, 01:18 PM
My sincere thanks for spreading the word on Crossword Dungeon; as some of you mentioned, it did come out of left field as I did very little to no marketing for it.

@sweetdiss, @violentv, @Exact-Psience, going Universal is one of the top items on my to-do list. Ultimately, I had to make the call to continue enhancing the game or to release it and update later, so I chose the latter.

@Gabrien, apologies on any factual inconsistencies! Let me know if you find any more and I will be sure to correct them in the next update. Also on the to-do: build a webservice-driven content management sytem for quick updates not requiring new binaries.

@Sloany, I tried to avoid making the content as little ethnocentric to the US as possible; hope that's the only word that's given you grief!

@Witcher77, Game Center integration is also in the works. I've got a lot of updates planned, as you can see, hehe.

@aceyprime, I'll certainly be adding more content soon, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks again to everyone for your support and feedback, please keep it coming!
10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
The game looks great and the dev is responsive! I'm in!
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
So is it like last as long as you can until you lose. Then start all over again?
10-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Fresh idea? Crosswords? Dungeon crawling? Pixel art? User friendly dev? Positive impressions from users?

Hell yes please!

Getting this baby immediately! As soon as I saw the screenshots I knew I wanted it, and the user comments have definitely given me the nudge necessary to get this gem.