Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I was wondering what the next RPG Hybrid would be and this is it - Crosswords. I am generally not a fan of crossword puzzles, but this game is a real winner - excellent design, nicely implemented gameplay and sound, and most importantly ... glorious pixels!

Last edited by retr0spective; 10-23-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 03:31 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

@jamsie07, The game is a survival-style how-low-can-you-go dungeon crawler at this point. I am hoping to add more goal-oriented gameplay with the Game Center integration on an upcoming update.

@Eoghann and @retr0spective, thanks for the support! I did all of the artwork myself (except for the sound/music) and I too am pretty pleased with how it came out.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:40 PM

I will bite on stuff like this every time!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:50 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolithius View Post
@jamsie07, The game is a survival-style how-low-can-you-go dungeon crawler at this point. I am hoping to add more goal-oriented gameplay with the Game Center integration on an upcoming update.

@Eoghann and @retr0spective, thanks for the support! I did all of the artwork myself (except for the sound/music) and I too am pretty pleased with how it came out.
Dear Nolithius,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with our community and for keeping us updated on the progress of your game. This type of interaction is one of the most unique and rewarding experiences of Touch Arcade. Your game is already excellent and can only get better as you update it. This situation reminds me of Dungeon Story which had an early but similarly excellent release and the developer continues to refine it while collaborating with the community. Please keep up the excellent work and thank you for your efforts on our behalf.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Question: how does the auto hint work? In some cases, a letter is revealed to me automatically despite not asking for a hint.

Love how you can exit a "level" by completing the green word despite having a few incomplete words. Found that out by mistake. I knew the word but went for the bigger, green ended word and I suddenly finished the level.

Is there a guide on how the perks work? Are they automatic?

Game sometimes crashes when viewing my characters profile.

Great game! 5 star guaranteed from me.

Last edited by Eoghann; 10-23-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
Alaska
I'll ask her myself !
Old 10-23-2012, 05:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Question: how does the auto hint work? In some cases, a letter is revealed to me automatically despite not asking for a hint.

Love how you can exit a "level" by completing the green word despite having a few incomplete words. Found that out by mistake. I knew the word but went for the bigger, green ended word and I suddenly finished the level.

Is there a guide on how the perks work? Are they automatic?

Game sometimes crashes when viewing my characters profile.

Great game! 5 star guaranteed from me.
On tiles where there is no monster it reveals the letter for you.

To complete a level you just have to get to the Green tile and correctly kill the monster there (which reveals the correct letter even if you didn't guess it)

Definitely agree with the 5 stars. I've only been playing for a but but I got to level 19 with the barbarian before kicking the bucket
Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
On tiles where there is no monster it reveals the letter for you.

To complete a level you just have to get to the Green tile and correctly kill the monster there (which reveals the correct letter even if you didn't guess it)

Definitely agree with the 5 stars. I've only been playing for a but but I got to level 19 with the barbarian before kicking the bucket
Thanks!

And I've tried all three and definitely the barbarian seems to endure the most.

When I get to higher levels the game crashes. Happens kind of at random though, not a specific level. Good thing it saves my progress!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 PM

Holy balls! I love crossword puzzles AND RPG type games, like puzzle quest, dungeon raid, 10000000, etc. buying it now.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:15 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

@retr0spective, when a community is supportive, it is my pleasure to communicate openly. Developers live for this stuff, really; there are just so many sources of negativity out there that we often shy away back into our caves.

@Eoghann, thanks for the heads up on the crashes. Are you encountering them upon entering a level or upon opening the Character screen? Also, what device/OS are you running?