★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

OS 3.0 App Issue List

06-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
OS 3.0 App Issue List

I decided to create a list of apps with issues in 3.0 that haven't been fixed via update and what they are.

Toki Tori - Unstable Framerate (Fixable by turning off sound in game)
Isotope - Framerate Stuttering
Chrystal Defenders - Interface Issues (Look Below for more Details)
Bike or Die - Unstable Framerate
ExZeus - Unstable Framerate
G-Force - Unstable Framerate and Texture Issues
Zombieville USA - Problem Unknown?
Kryzer Prologue - Unstable framerate/Crashing (fixable by turning off all sounds)

Any other's you guys can help me with?

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

Last edited by skamando; 08-19-2009 at 08:01 PM.
06-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Isotope - framerate and stuttering (apparantly theres already a patch submitted)

Plus+ : Tavoss (feel free to add me)

06-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Send a message via MSN to daveak
Originally Posted by Tavoss View Post
Isotope - framerate and stuttering (apparantly theres already a patch submitted)
There is a good chance that many apps you find problems with have already submitted updates, the review process is going very slowly for many devs at the moment.

Alpha Numeric - Find words and solve sums against the clock.
06-20-2009, 01:43 AM
All happened with my new 3G S under 3.0, of course

Chrystal Defenders - In widescreen touch mode game crashes after you press the in game button to a level/map-pack, in the vertical mode with the giant cursor buttons (the horror buttons after map pack choosing, in game), it works still fine.

Gears of Gravity - After the studio logo which is clearly visible without errors, the screens turns pure white, you can hear the normal sounds and if you know the spot you can blindly tap and will be in the game, because you'll hear the typical game sounds, normal, but still screen is totally white. EDĚT 19.08.09: After the last update it runs fine now!!!

Bike or Die - not so good framerate, on 2.2.1 it was noticably snappier

ExZeus - Framerate went a bit down from 2.2.1 to 3.0, on a 3G S! On a normal 3G 3.0 the framerate should be more slowed down.

G-Force - YOu can see the normal level screen where to choose easy, hard etc, after you press in the middle for choosing the ship out of three, still visible, but after you pressed the the button for ship, the framerate sinks to extremly bad 0.5-1 frames per second i think, also the starting position of the ship is false under 3.0, it is visible in the underground under the starting platform, but ship acts like it would be at normal starting position. Ship is black, too, missing normal textures. the 0.5-1 framerate is extremly shocking

So maybe some problems are because of different 3G S GPU, but could be 3.0 bugs, dunno

EDIT: still about 50 apps left for testing on my iPhone, but hey, 5 out of 99 (have about 149 apps actually) is not so bad for such a massive change in the OS Firmware ^^

Last edited by defaude; 08-19-2009 at 04:24 PM.
06-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Does Need for Speed work for anyone? It just crashes after a black screen.

Edit: Nevermind

Last edited by Marioman619; 06-20-2009 at 05:48 AM.
06-20-2009, 06:03 AM
falling sand

anytime one element hits another, it crashes
06-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by Marioman619 View Post

works for me

check out my iphone apps blurbs at http://secentral.net/forum/index.php?topic=16512.0
06-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Marioman619 View Post

Not work for me...always crashes
06-20-2009, 07:44 AM
On my 8gb ipod touch 2g Need For Speed will run, but crashes while trying to start & takes anywhere from 3 to 6 trys to get it started. Once running the frame rate drops to a point where the games in slow motion & the game is pretty much unplayable.
06-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Bounce On has a really bad framerate on the last few levels of world 4 (in fact the boss level is unplayable). I never played these levels before 3.0 but I assume they were fine before? Can anyone confirm?

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD