Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Thanks EightBrooks... can't please everyone
Well, that's one I've certainly agreeing with.

Some interesting impressions being left on the game. Some with very good input, some without.

I personally like the game very much. It is a particular type of experience that is quite a lot of fun and challenging.

Some of the impressions are somewhat invalid though and seem to represent about 5 minutes of gameplay which is far from enough of time to formulate a valid impression of the depth, artwork, immersion and satisfaction from playing the game.

I've had two complete play throughs of the beta build and very few games have held my interest long enough to play through a second time (about 5 from a library of hundreds).

This has been purchased and will get more play throughs and that is very rare.

It is not a perfect experience in every way for every player but it ticks a lot more boxes than the vast majority out there and it has key elements that few games have, a lot of character and a personality of its own.

It is far superior to your standard run and gun shoot zombie in head brainless shooter. You need to think about your weapon for each type of mission and plan ahead, strategise maps and be aware of your surroundings rather than the usual simple run around shooter with higher graphics but no soul.

It's very unique for the App Store. And something everybody should at least try. Not all will enjoy it or understand it I suppose but those that do will love it.

By the way, any iap argument against this game, saying unbalanced it or you need iap to finish is complete rubbishing every way.
Two complete play throughs with no iap, none. None needed. You can chose to use iap but that's your own choice, it won't help you enjoy the game, if anything it will hinder how you play it. So ultimately it is in no way necessary.

Last edited by Rip73; 10-24-2012 at 10:33 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Consumable IAP. Died? No problem. Just buy a health pack via a convenient pop-up menu and carry on. This puts the entire difficulty balancing under question for mine and I simply want none of it.
I know I'm wasting my time talking about IAPs, but how does this affect how you play? Not to mention they aren't even consumable IAPs... you can earn plenty of currency in the course of a regular game.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Well, that's one I've certainly agreeing with.

Some interesting impressions being left on the game. Some with very good input, some without.

I personally like the game very much. It is a particular type of experience that is quite a lot of fun and challenging.
Well, NYZ2 isn't your traditional shooter. We wanted it to be challenging, we wanted a different kind of pace, a different weapon system, etc... Just like with the 1st NYZ, I'm sure some will love it, and some will want a clone of Dead Trigger (which isn't a criticism btw... I think Dead Trigger is quite good at what it is supposed to be!)

Last edited by Foursaken_Media; 10-24-2012 at 10:22 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Hmm been playing for a couple minutes and kinda disappointed with this one so far. Just not clicking with me. Maybe its the graphics and how zombies overlap/walk through each other and walls, but something doesn't seem right(no, I am not a fan of Dead Trigger). The movement and controls feel a bit clunky, and I realize that Foursaken is trying to provide a different kind of shooter, but tap to shoot just doesn't feel right. I probably should play more, and from what I hear from the testers, the level of depth in the game is tremendous, so thats something to look forward to. If people are looking for a different zombie shooter that's incredibly unique in presentation, or were fans of the first, by all means purchase, as this game has MUCH to offer in terms of depth, but if you're only looking for a graphically stunning game look elsewhere.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Well now, what a mess this is. Not really sure where to start, and not all that keen on wasting more of my time so how about the highlights:

Everything in the world (not just the zombies) appears to clip through everything else. You can be fighting a zombie in a doorway and click to "barricade" the doorway. Right through the zombie standing there. Who will continue to happily fight away.

No option to move the buttons around on the iPad, making it all but unplayable on that device.

Consumable IAP. Died? No problem. Just buy a health pack via a convenient pop-up menu and carry on. This puts the entire difficulty balancing under question for mine and I simply want none of it.

Deleted, one-starred, and will be requesting a refund.
Wow. Really? I think it's one of the better App Store games.

Last edited by Fastbridge; 10-24-2012 at 10:37 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 PM

I can't find it in the US store. I can only find the original game. Is it out yet?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger1103 View Post
Hmm been playing for a couple minutes and kinda disappointed with this one so far. Just not clicking with me. Maybe its the graphics and how zombies overlap/walk through each other and walls, but something doesn't seem right(no, I am not a fan of Dead Trigger). The movement and controls feel a bit clunky, and I realize that Foursaken is trying to provide a different kind of shooter, but tap to shoot just doesn't feel right. I probably should play more, and from what I hear from the testers, the level of depth in the game is tremendous, so thats something to look forward to. If people are looking for a different zombie shooter that's incredibly unique in presentation, or were fans of the first, by all means purchase, as this game has MUCH to offer in terms of depth, but if you're only looking for a graphically stunning game look elsewhere.
It looks fine. If you must have fancy graphics play dead trigger.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystof View Post
I can't find it in the US store. I can only find the original game. Is it out yet?
Hasn't shown up in search yet... I think the only way to get it right now is to use the link on the 1st post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I had a quick question: are gold bars attainable through gameplay or only through IAP?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 PM

Word. Thanks buddy