★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
you DO know what happens to many Mexican drug-lords don't you?
The same thing that happens to any other drug lord eventually, relax it was just a joke cause in many movies you can see drug lords feeling bad ass with their golden guns, and I'm Mexican, that's why I said it.

Plus I really hate drug lords, I don't sympathize with them in the least, my country is crawling with them.
10-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
At least keep it on your device until the first update! A lot of things will be improving a TON... including making "Normal" a bit easier. We personally like the idea of a challenge, so we won't be touching Hard or Nightmare... unless its to make them harder (which I don't think they need though, personally).
Oh no please, don't dumb this game down, let'em struggle, you might as well add direction arrows and auto-aim, pffff

Well you can't please everybody XD

Yes it would be nice to ramp up the difficulty a little, at least on hard.

10-28-2012, 03:46 PM
sorry no proper FPS controls = No buy for me!!
10-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Nihilus View Post
Oh no please, don't dumb this game down, let'em struggle, you might as well add direction arrows and auto-aim, pffff

Well you can't please everybody XD

Yes it would be nice to ramp up the difficulty a little, at least on hard.
Agreed, the last thing this game needs is it to be easier. Doesn't need to be dumbed down for some kid.
10-28-2012, 03:50 PM
For me, the only flaw still is just the move speed which is so unrealistically slow. I dont think i'd walk to a camp spot when there are zombies everywhere.

Other than that, I love the atmosphere this game projects, and I like the GUI and the character development part of the game.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Walking speed has been increased for next update, but just by a bit. I know people think you should be running all the time, but imo that's more unrealistic than a fast walk, unless you're an Olympic track star or something.

There is definitely a fine line for walking speed... too fast and it really changing the dynamic of the game (leading the player to think the game is more about maneuvering and running away than actually fighting). We absolutely do not want NYZ2 to be a game about backpedaling endlessly away from enemies like in a lot of FPSes.

And I don't know, I just played a bunch of FPSes to compare move speed, and I don't find NYZ2 very noticeably slower than most others. It is a bit slower, yes, but not like "stuck in mud" slow... imo at least
10-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trysis3 View Post
Controls are fine.
10-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Walking speed has been increased for next update, but just by a bit. I know people think you should be running all the time, but imo that's more unrealistic than a fast walk, unless you're an Olympic track star or something.

There is definitely a fine line for walking speed... too fast and it really changing the dynamic of the game (leading the player to think the game is more about maneuvering and running away than actually fighting). We absolutely do not want NYZ2 to be a game about backpedaling endlessly away from enemies like in a lot of FPSes.

And I don't know, I just played a bunch of FPSes to compare move speed, and I don't find NYZ2 very noticeably slower than most others. It is a bit slower, yes, but not like "stuck in mud" slow... imo at least
Yeah, i wasnt looking for a run n gun tpye of movespeed, but just fast enough to make it look like you can feel the panic in the movement when there are zombies around.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trysis3 View Post
Who are you to decide what's "proper"?

Device: iPhone 6 Plus 64GB
iOS Favorites: Alto's Adventure, VVVVVV, Wayward Souls, BADLAND, IMPOSSIBLE ROAD, Super Hexagon, NightSky, Superbrothers:Sword&Sworcery, Perfect Cell, Nihilumbra
Now Playing: Fugl Alpha
10-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Found a bug

I've found a genuine bug.

Side mission "help from above" on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Not a single zombie appeared. The time ran down and I got my reward without having to do anything!