Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Any chance Bluetooth co-op multiplayer might be added?
There's a chance... we'll have to look into it a bit more to see what it entails.

On other news, cannot wait for this freaking update to hit... this is the final FINAL change-list (update was submitted earlier this week, as we mentioned before - a few new additions since the last change-log). We've read every review, every comment on Youtube, and obvious every reply here and changed/fixed just about every issue that people have brought forward...

Update 1.1
  • fixed slowdown on iOS 6 on older devices (iphone 4, 3gs, ipod touch 4g, 3g)
  • added a traditional fps control scheme option - should be noticeably better for ipad users
  • added dynamic, floating move stick
  • increased movement speed
  • headshots kill regular zombies easier
  • made normal mode a bit easier (all enemies are easier to kill)
  • increased sensitivity, especially on iPad
  • made icons on iPad smaller so they can be more easily reached with one hand
  • move stick has a smaller radius on iPad, and so should be more responsive
  • enemies no longer clip through walls and objects
  • added double tap and hold to sustain fire with non-automatic weapons
  • improved full auto shooting controls
  • most weapons are now perfectly accurate in iron sights or when zoomed
  • iron sights has reduced sensitivity, to allow for more precision shots
  • fixed a multiplayer matchmaking issue
  • icloud/save data fixes
  • added alert if trying to play coop and not logged into gamecenter
  • added dialogue if an enemy drops a key
  • show endless tack on level 1 (to make sure people know there is co-op)
  • inverse look options
  • brooklyn bridge “Help from Above” side mission now spawns enemies
  • options are now accessible from in game pause menu
  • added more info about being able to earn Gold by completing side missions
  • lowered intensity of dirt screen overlay
  • lowered Firefighter zombie HPs
  • added a coupon redeem system to gift people currency or restore lost currency/progress

Last edited by Foursaken_Media; 11-03-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
There's a chance... we'll have to look into it a bit more to see what it entails.

On other news, cannot wait for this freaking update to hit... this is the final FINAL change-list (update was submitted earlier this week, as we mentioned before - a few new additions since the last change-log). We've read every review, every comment on Youtube, and obvious every reply here and changed/fixed just about every issue that people have brought forward...

Update 1.1
  • added a traditional fps control scheme option - should be noticeably better for ipad users
  • made normal mode a bit easier
  • icloud/save data fixes
  • inverse look options
  • added a coupon redeem system to gift people currency or restore lost currency/progress
Awesome guys! Y'all are without a doubt one of the best Devs I've worked with/seen! Keep up the fantastic work!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:

Update 1.1
  • made normal mode a bit easier (all enemies are easier to kill)
  • improved full auto shooting controls
  • icloud/save data fixes
  • inverse look options
THIS IS SUPPORT.
Thanks. Really.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:00 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yep!! You guys rule!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
On other news, cannot wait for this freaking update to hit... this is the final FINAL change-list (update was submitted earlier this week, as we mentioned before - a few new additions since the last change-log). We've read every review, every comment on Youtube, and obvious every reply here and changed/fixed just about every issue that people have [/LIST]
Nice update. Looking forward to it.
Awesome work guys.
I'm very interested to see the new control shooting scheme, I have a feeling it will be good addition on the iPad. Along with the floating d pad.
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:37 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

looking forward to playing with you guys on mp .
Old 11-03-2012, 04:40 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Will the floating d-pad be an option or default?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:56 PM

Got through six missions and did some multiplayer on the first version but didn't get a chance to write this until now, so if it's been updated this entire post might be invalid, but:

I think this game is a 6/10 at best. For one, it's extremely laggy on 3rd gen when you have around two dozen zombies/enemies on the screen and is barely playable. This is made worse since levels seem to have endlessly respawning zombies until you complete the objective. Since headshots aren't instant kills and guns are extremely weak (used the pistol, m4, hunting shotgun), you probably won't be able to kill them fast enough before them become a huge horde. The difficulty is ridiculous since zombies are so hard to kill and there's always something really annoying that blocks your path (dogs, crows, mice) in every single level. The gameplay just feels really slow (partly because of lag) and simply isn't that fun. Also, if you have iron sights, I think it's silly to have to tap on the screen to fire from the hip, it's just a weird design choice that I believe is influenced from the original. This is also made a problem since the buttons are kind of small, so I accidentally shoot instead of going into iron sights. Also, the 'interact' button is way too small. I love the expanded selection of weapons over the original and the inclusion of skill trees were a great idea, but unfortunately I can't test all of them out because I uninstalled.

I don't know, maybe my complaints are mainly from the hideous lag (rebooted, ran a memory cleaner, closed all apps and it was still lagging on the harbourfront), which makes the game seem harder than it really is (maybe they want us to use the cash-shop? Shame!), but NYZ2 is just a step down from the original. The original had a perfect difficulty (got through all of it without dying, but very challenging) and was pretty fun, NYZ2 is too ambitious for it's own good. It's worth it for a sale, but not $5.99 or whatever!

Last edited by masta518; 11-03-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Old 11-03-2012, 06:06 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by masta518 View Post
Got through six missions and did some multiplayer on the first version but didn't get a chance to write this until now, so if it's been updated this entire post might be invalid, but:

I think this game is a 6/10 at best. For one, it's extremely laggy on 3rd gen when you have around two dozen zombies/enemies on the screen and is barely playable. This is made worse since levels seem to have endlessly respawning zombies until you complete the objective. Since headshots aren't instant kills and guns are extremely weak (used the pistol, m4, hunting shotgun), you probably won't be able to kill them fast enough before them become a huge horde. The difficulty is ridiculous since zombies are so hard to kill and there's always something really annoying that blocks your path (dogs, crows, mice) in every single level. The gameplay just feels really slow (partly because of lag) and simply isn't that fun. Also, if you have iron sights, I think it's silly to have to tap on the screen to fire from the hip, it's just a weird design choice that I believe is influenced from the original. This is also made a problem since the buttons are kind of small, so I accidentally shoot instead of going into iron sights. Also, the 'interact' button is way too small. I love the expanded selection of weapons over the original and the inclusion of skill trees were a great idea, but unfortunately I can't test all of them out because I uninstalled.

I don't know, maybe my complaints are mainly from the hideous lag (rebooted, ran a memory cleaner, closed all apps and it was still lagging on the harbourfront), which makes the game seem harder than it really is (maybe they want us to use the cash-shop? Shame!), but NYZ2 is just a step down from the original. The original had a perfect difficulty (got through all of it without dying, but very challenging) and was pretty fun, NYZ2 is too ambitious for it's own good. It's worth it for a sale, but not $5.99 or whatever!
The game is getting a massive update ( see previous page) I would at least wait until the update before your review. Personally I think the game is way better with free roam, than the original.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Will the floating d-pad be an option or default?
It is default now. It has a lower dynamic area that it can be placed in the tap-to-shoot scheme though, because obviously you could be moving the screen around with your left finger as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masta518 View Post

Thanks for the thoughts. Would've hoped you'd kept it on your device until at least the first update, which adds and fixes what seems like a lot of your concerns (faster movement, enemies much easier to kill in normal, headshots kill easier, better sensitivity, new traditional/standard control options, lag fix for low gens with iOS 6, etc)...

And although difficulty has been toned down on normal in the update (enemies being easier to kill), we do understand there will be some who expect NYZ2 to be like an arcade shooter while being able to blast their way effortlessly through the game (not saying that is you, mind you)... the game was designed to take a little thinking. In the beta, with many players so far, and in our own opinion, part of the charm of NYZ2 is that you might have to adjust your equipment and strategies a few times before beating a level. On Harbor for ex, the Gas Mask (immunity to poison) and/or Health Kit (which heals your allies if you find that they keep dying) can be life savers.