Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Oh jeez, I wish this WAS anything like Bastion...

*sigh*
Here goes.

You play as the little kid (boy or girl... "you can change at any time") and you are dropped on a world made up of "blocks". To start off with, all these blocks are black and it's your job to tap on them, which makes your little guy walk there and light said block up. Once you do, there is a chance that out will pop either a coin, exp star, or magic potion that restores your mp.
Oh, speaking of which, each "cast" costs 3 mp and you're limited to 100 MP max, which increases as you level up. Occasionally, instead of an item, a monster will be revealed as you light up a tile and you'll have to fight him. You have a choice of a bunch of spell types, most of which are locked at the start, tap on it and the monster gets defeated. I assume this gets harder later on, but at the start the monsters just... die. There's no combat, no back-and-forth, you just tap and it dies.

Basically, to me this whole games feels like clearing the grass from the Sims Social. If you enjoyed that... Okay, nobody enjoyed that. And now they made a game based on that mechanic. Yay!

Quite frankly, I don't even want to play any more to find out what the coins are used for and how leveling up works/etc. The core mechanic is just so utterly boring, I quit.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I thought final fantasy rythem game would be ported to iO.
* Theatrhythm Final Fantasy 25 anniversary
Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Basically, to me this whole games feels like clearing the grass from the Sims Social. If you enjoyed that... Okay, nobody enjoyed that. And now they made a game based on that mechanic. Yay!

The core mechanic is just so utterly boring, I quit.
Well, at least I can cross this one off the download list for tonight.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Quite frankly, I don't even want to play any more to find out what the coins are used for and how leveling up works/etc. The core mechanic is just so utterly boring, I quit.
Was just watching Sanuku's video and ... I'm right there with you, E7. It looks cute and all, but I'm not sure where the fun is here. I like the idea of it...maybe if it were more strategic like minesweeper or something.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap wait....

Tap tap tap tap tap tap.

Definitely repetitive as is, if they want to keep me playing there will definitely have to be more depth in the later levels.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Online only?
Yes, it looks like you can't play without an Internet connection but I can't see why you would want to. This is an incredibly boring "game". Square Enix has been hurting their brand for years now but this piece of crap is a new low even for them.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:53 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Basically, to me this whole games feels like clearing the grass from the Sims Social.
This made me lol.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

This game is aggressively pointless.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Online only?
Yep, and it enforces that aggressively... Was playing around with it for a bit last night, because, hey it's free. Quickly stopped when I lost connection to my Wifi a few times in a row, doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, if you're just tapping, in your spellbook, in the shop, in a menu, or whatever, if you lose your connection you get taken to the 'Connecting to Wizardlings' screen and need to wait that out.

That coupled with the constant lag spikes in game (probably caused by the stupid connection checking) and the fact that it heats up your device hot enough that you can bake an egg on it made for a swift delete.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I've not had any heat problems, nor do I see the issue with requiring a connection. Nearly all of these freemium facebook type games require a connection. It's a plus when one doesn't (go HappyStreet), but hardly much of a negative if it does since it's the norm.

The game is what it is: a slow paced, relaxing slot machine game. My kids will probably love it, and it looks like a pretty good toilet game for me until I get tired of it. Not everything needs to be 90mph with complex rulesets.