★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-24-2012, 06:58 AM
I admit I played dragonvale for awhile then deleted it but this might have more intresting things to do and looks better to
10-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Oh jeez, I wish this WAS anything like Bastion...

*sigh*
Here goes.

You play as the little kid (boy or girl... "you can change at any time") and you are dropped on a world made up of "blocks". To start off with, all these blocks are black and it's your job to tap on them, which makes your little guy walk there and light said block up. Once you do, there is a chance that out will pop either a coin, exp star, or magic potion that restores your mp.
Oh, speaking of which, each "cast" costs 3 mp and you're limited to 100 MP max, which increases as you level up. Occasionally, instead of an item, a monster will be revealed as you light up a tile and you'll have to fight him. You have a choice of a bunch of spell types, most of which are locked at the start, tap on it and the monster gets defeated. I assume this gets harder later on, but at the start the monsters just... die. There's no combat, no back-and-forth, you just tap and it dies.

Basically, to me this whole games feels like clearing the grass from the Sims Social. If you enjoyed that... Okay, nobody enjoyed that. And now they made a game based on that mechanic. Yay!

Quite frankly, I don't even want to play any more to find out what the coins are used for and how leveling up works/etc. The core mechanic is just so utterly boring, I quit.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

10-24-2012, 07:13 AM
I thought final fantasy rythem game would be ported to iO.
10-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Sanity has a video on YouTube on this and its....intresting but not fun it seems maybe I game ill play waiting for next wensday night releases
10-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I thought final fantasy rythem game would be ported to iO.
* Theatrhythm Final Fantasy 25 anniversary
10-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Basically, to me this whole games feels like clearing the grass from the Sims Social. If you enjoyed that... Okay, nobody enjoyed that. And now they made a game based on that mechanic. Yay!

The core mechanic is just so utterly boring, I quit.
Well, at least I can cross this one off the download list for tonight.
10-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
* Theatrhythm Final Fantasy 25 anniversary
Yea now that needs to come to iOS
10-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Quite frankly, I don't even want to play any more to find out what the coins are used for and how leveling up works/etc. The core mechanic is just so utterly boring, I quit.
Was just watching Sanuku's video and ... I'm right there with you, E7. It looks cute and all, but I'm not sure where the fun is here. I like the idea of it...maybe if it were more strategic like minesweeper or something.
10-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
Downloaded for a laugh.
First thing I noticed on the splash screen was that square enix didn't actually develop this game, I'm surprised no one noticed that.

Doesn't make it much better though, they still put their name behind it.
Who did develop this?
10-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap wait....

Tap tap tap tap tap tap.

Definitely repetitive as is, if they want to keep me playing there will definitely have to be more depth in the later levels.