★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: App Store Best of 2012
Included in the 'Fun Runners' category

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

When the world is threatened by a malevolent darkness a brave warrior rises, fearless and ready to run into the thick of battle. His confidence is steeled by his mystical ability to transform at-will into noble creatures including a rampaging rhino, capable of spearing enemies on his horn, a mighty eagle that can soar over deadly hazards, and a fearsome dragon able to vanquish all who stand in it's path.

As he runs, the warrior breathes new life into the world and puts new stars in the sky. Knowing when to transform between shapes - man, bird, and beast - is key to success in this action-packed endless runner.

Totem Runners unique looks are matched by its compelling gameplay and immersive story. Take up the challenge and become the warrior within.

FANTASTIC ACTION
Transform into beasts, dragons and back to a warrior as you charge through the world defeating evil!

AMAZING WORLDS
The unique silhouette style, haunting music and awesome animation immerses you into the mystical world of Totem Runner.

AN INCREDIBLE JOURNEY
Run, fly and rampage through five chapters of compelling gameplay.

CHALLENGES ABOUND
Become a Sorcerer, the Lord of Stars, or even the Great Shadow by completing in-game challenges.

Visit the Chillingo room on the App Store to see more of our great games: appstore.com/chillingo

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Collects data through third party ad serving and analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details). Requires a persistent Internet connection (network fees may apply). Contains direct links to social networking sites intended for an audience over 13. Allows players to communicate via Facebook notifications and gifting. To disable see the settings in-game.Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Echoseven's comments:

10-24-2012, 05:51 AM
Insta-buy!

Game Center: sink_or_swim

10-24-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Insta-buy!
Indeed
10-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Indeed
Plus 1
10-24-2012, 06:08 AM
No. Insta-f***in-buy!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Wow... incredible art.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
10-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Another game that tells me i was never wrong at being addicted to runner games.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Instabuy!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
10-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Frickin Instabuy!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
10-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Holy crap... This is the most visually stunning out of the releases so far. Ultra smooth animation and sharp silhouette style graphics similar to Patapon (but less cartoony).

Like all runners, you run forward and... This, has you to tap the left button as a Human to use plant-growing powers as you run, so you pretty much have to press this left button as a human.

On the right are 3 buttons.

First one, as you HOLD it, you become an eagle which allows you to fly over pitfalls and over hazards. By default, tilt lets you fly up and down, and it's pretty easy to do. But for those against tilt, there's a touch option.

The second button, holding it down changes you into a charging boar which attacks some vines blocking your path, bash rocks in front of you, or to tackle some other creatures.

Third one is a special button that only shows up when you have accumulated enough spirits to change into a dragon for some good boost and invulnerability.

All this happens in a very tasteful and stylish art and animation, and the controls a re very responsive at what they do.

There isnt any negative thing i can say about this right now. And im very pleased with each of my purchases so far this week:

Get this game now. It's just a buck, and i assure you it's worth it.

Sefirah
He-Man
Totem Runner
Punch Quest
and my yet to play NY Zombies 2

Great week.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 10-24-2012 at 11:53 AM.