👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

hmm... looks pretty nifty. Another one to add to my list of 'get tonight' games. =oP
Old 10-24-2012, 01:49 PM
iPad Air

Looks like another quality title from moon/forest games. But my god man do you develop a new game every week!?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Gameplay videos

Thanks for adding the gameplay videos! I'm fascinated by watching people work through the stages - my wife and I were muttering to each other as we saw you experiment with solutions ("no, not that one, the other one! almost got it! Oh, look, we hadn't done that one!"). I love how Der-Kleine and Sanuku both solved stages 6 and 8 in different ways.

One of the things I want to do is add the capability to record and upload the video of your solution, but the SDK we were considering wasn't ready in time for release. It may still come in a future update, though!
Old 10-24-2012, 02:09 PM
iPad Air

I'm confused. Why does it say Josh P as developer on alot of recent games when they only help publish, if I've understood it correctly?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arges View Post
Thanks for adding the gameplay videos! I'm fascinated by watching people work through the stages - my wife and I were muttering to each other as we saw you experiment with solutions ("no, not that one, the other one! almost got it! Oh, look, we hadn't done that one!"). I love how Der-Kleine and Sanuku both solved stages 6 and 8 in different ways.

One of the things I want to do is add the capability to record and upload the video of your solution, but the SDK we were considering wasn't ready in time for release. It may still come in a future update, though!
Sounds like having two gameplay videos really does show the possibillitys in this game!

Here's a list of things that I felt like they should be added or changed in an update (Nothing game breaking here!)
- camera rotation (One of the things I would have expected to be there with all those other camera controlling gestures)
- Something to indicate in wich direction the player will start running when you tap him, right now it's kind of hard to see what will happen on the smaller iDevices.
- A start button to replace tapping on the player (I accidentally ran off the edge a few times in the video because of the current way to start the run)
Old 10-24-2012, 02:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
I'm confused. Why does it say Josh P as developer on alot of recent games when they only help publish, if I've understood it correctly?
long story short:
I tried to set up my apple developer account as a business, but it got very messed up and was taking forever (longer than a month)
so I set up an individual account. It was labeled Forest Moon Games originally, but then Apple added a new rule that only allows the name of the registered party legal entity. I called Apple today to convert it to an official business account, but they said during the process my iTunes developer stuff will be shut down. I can't risk shutting it down right now because we have a bunch of games submitting and releasing in the next few weeks. So until there is a lull in releases for us, it will still have to say my name unfortunately.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Not sure what the proper protocol is here - do I reply to each message individually, or all at once? I wouldn't want to spam the forums. :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
The artwork was what initially attracted me to this app. I thought it might be a new RPG, but once I found out it was a clever puzzler, I was sold! So yes, you definitely nailed it, and I hope this app is a success for you.
Very glad to read that Diane! Fun trivia: the initial concept was actually closer to a Zelda-esque game, but it ended up transforming into its current state through the various prototypes - re-arranging the stage lend itself better for puzzles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Another very polished-looking title that looks like a lot of fun. This is an absolute buy for me tonight. Congrats on this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
hmm... looks pretty nifty. Another one to add to my list of 'get tonight' games. =oP
Thanks for the kind words! I'm very much looking forward to reading your impressions (not to mention, hearing about your solutions).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Looks like another quality title from moon/forest games. But my god man do you develop a new game every week!?
It did take a wee bit longer than that to develop. ;-)
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 PM
iPad Air

Josh: Got it.

Arges: I'm sure it did take a wee bit longer coz it looks great. Was only kidding around since Josh apparently messed up so bad with his accounts lol
Old 10-24-2012, 03:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Sounds like having two gameplay videos really does show the possibillitys in this game!
Definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Here's a list of things that I felt like they should be added or changed in an update (Nothing game breaking here!)
- camera rotation (One of the things I would have expected to be there with all those other camera controlling gestures)
- Something to indicate in wich direction the player will start running when you tap him, right now it's kind of hard to see what will happen on the smaller iDevices.
- A start button to replace tapping on the player (I accidentally ran off the edge a few times in the video because of the current way to start the run)
Those make sense, thanks! I'll see about adding it under the lives/mushrooms, to avoid having players accidentally tapping the reload button. We already have 1.0.1 on the approval queue, with some minor bugfixes and performance tweaks, but I'll write these down for 1.0.2.

(POSSIBLE SPOILERS) There are some levels later on where you have more than one Hairy on stage, for which the UI might be trickier, but I'm sure we can figure something out. (END SPOILERS)