★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apps with wrong icons?

06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Apps with wrong icons?

I have 3.0 and I downloaded a couple apps. Prob is the new app I downloaded has an icon of a different app that was already on my phone. Plus it looks a little greyed out like your finger is pressing it. It keeps happening randomly to new apps I download, and I've tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail.

Anyone else having this problem?
06-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs1 View Post
I have 3.0 and I downloaded a couple apps. Prob is the new app I downloaded has an icon of a different app that was already on my phone. Plus it looks a little greyed out like your finger is pressing it. It keeps happening randomly to new apps I download, and I've tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail.

Yes Apple hurried with this update too just like the 2.0 update and so there will be ALOT of bugs

06-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs1 View Post

Yes!!!! That happened to me too! It put Tap Tap Revenge on Flick Fishing, 1/3 of the Topple 2 icon was missing, Enigmo was just flat out gone. Maybe that's the bug Apple was talking about.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
06-18-2009, 03:32 PM
i guess its a bug with apps that have added 3.0 features

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
06-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Ok even though it's annoying it's nice to hear others are having the problem too

Guess we'll just have to wait for an update.
06-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Happened to me with Harbor Master. I updated to 3.0, too.
But after installing 3.0, i downloaded Baseball Sluggers directly to iphone 3G and it has the correct icon.

Wild West Pinball on the other hand shows up correctly as well, only having this issue with Harbor Master.
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
yep

This has been a problem with many of the betas as well.
Just force restart your phone and the icons should show back up.

(Hold power and home until phone restarts)
06-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrider View Post
This has been a problem with many of the betas as well.
Just force restart your phone and the icons should show back up.

(Hold power and home until phone restarts)
The weird thing is I force restart everytime I download a new app before using it, so it's like bouncing around my apps. It'll go from whatever app icon it was screwing with before to the newest app I downloaded. So at all times at least one of my apps has the wrong icon (and greyed out a little).
06-18-2009, 06:05 PM
All my games didnt open up so i restored.

EVERYONE!! RESTORE!!!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
06-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Restoring didn't work for me baseball slugger is using Alternative Endings icon, strange cause that game isn't even on my iPod

Games Playing: Kids & Zombies, Infinity Gene, Q*bert, Resident Evil, Peggle, PacMan Remix
Listening to: Devin The Dude/ Waitin' to Inhale