Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Random Battles

I love this game and its story, but I really miss the random battles that CSTW had and the way they were implemented! Was there a big reason that they changed the battles from a number of random battles to a limited number of known enemies?

I love just leveling up and waiting to progress the story by just grinding. With CSTW I would just grind until the battles were done and then I would just enter battles through the menu. I thought that was a great feature.

Any chance you'll add that to this game so I can enter a battle anytime I want?

Thanks for the great games!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It was how the first two games where they staying true to the games.
I guess that makes sense then! I might have to check out the originals. Hopefully they won't set me back much more than this one did. Are there any graphic novels of these characters? I bet that would be awesome with this quality of writing.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:42 AM

Any word on an update? I was looking forward to that level 40 shrine portal deal.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:03 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

What the heck? I bought this game on release day but uninstalled it two or three weeks ago. Was it pulled meawhile or re-released? I only have the option to buy it again...

And have they corrected or compressed the filesize? Last install, it was nearly 1 GB big.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-25-2012 at 01:05 PM..
Old 12-25-2012, 02:21 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
What the heck? I bought this game on release day but uninstalled it two or three weeks ago. Was it pulled meawhile or re-released? I only have the option to buy it again...

And have they corrected or compressed the filesize? Last install, it was nearly 1 GB big.
Huh... how interesting. Seems to ask me as well to repurchase the game. This happened to me also with Max Payne Mobile. Got that problem sorted out via iTunes billing help.

Also, I think it is still a GB for the app size.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:27 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmashingone View Post
Huh... how interesting. Seems to ask me as well to repurchase the game. This happened to me also with Max Payne Mobile. Got that problem sorted out via iTunes billing help.

Also, I think it is still a GB for the app size.

Thanks for answering! Found out meanwhile; there is a problem with the purchase history / billing server. So it's just asking but you won't buy it again, afaics.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:58 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
I guess that makes sense then! I might have to check out the originals. Hopefully they won't set me back much more than this one did. Are there any graphic novels of these characters? I bet that would be awesome with this quality of writing.
The characters and the setting hail from the Penny Arcade Web Comic, possibly one of the most succesful web comics of all time. Since the creators of the comic collaborated with Zeboyd on the narrative of On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, you can expect similar quality and style of writing.

The two previous games are available on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox 260 and PS3, but not on iOS. They are very, VERY different from episode 3 (and made by an entirely different developer. Zeboyd picked up episode 3 after Hothead cancelled development), with full 3D graphics, a point-n-click adventure game feeling in between fights, a Player as the main character, a semi-real-time battle system remniscient of Final Fantasy's Active Time Battle, with some reflex-based button presses for defensive maneuvers and special attacks, and much less writing and dialogue.

I actually found episode 3 much more to my taste (even though I have very little love for similar RPGs, retro graphics and the whole Final Fantasy paradigm). Besides the writing, I also enjoy the combat mechanics much more in episode 3, as things can get reasonably intricate and tactically varied, once each character have 30+ abilities to choose between in battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Thanks for answering! Found out meanwhile; there is a problem with the purchase history / billing server. So it's just asking but you won't buy it again, afaics.
Yep. Happens at random and strange intervalls, every now and then (especially just after the christmas break this year). Purchase away, as you won't be billed

On another note: does anyone know what the new patch added?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
More DLC. (Wished they could be more informal to what it is though)
Yep, that much I know I launched the game, but saw no signs of any changes.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Yep, that much I know I launched the game, but saw no signs of any changes.
Isn't the space between worlds where you access the previous DLC that came preloaded?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Seems like the only new stuff is the "fanfiction pack" business, whatever that means. I'm pretty sure the "Lair of the Seamstress" is the Shrine that I couldn't beat - already in the game on ios release. (did anyone beat that btw?)

This game is fantastic, but I uninstalled it after being unable to beat that extra dungeon. Kind of feel like waiting for someone else to jump in first before reinstalling...
See any fanfic in there Ayjona?