★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Except for the Gardenar class summons (which do not work quite like the skeleton, but more like classical RPG auras/totems/bard songs, battle-long persistent invocations that inflict a particular effect at periodical and regular intervals once summoned), and possibly, with a long streth of the imagination , the dino forms of the dino sorcerer, I think the skeleton might be the only summon effect in the game.
Oh ok and what about cardboard samurai?
10-28-2012, 05:52 PM
What happened to #1-2 ?

10-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiFlyBoy View Post
What happened to #1-2 ?
From the dev earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
Those are by a different developer and were made several years ago - I'd guess the chance of those hitting iOS is super slim.
10-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Oh ok and what about cardboard samurai?
The Tube Samurai has no summons, as far as I know, but I wouldn't mind being wrong

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
10-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
The Tube Samurai has no summons, as far as I know, but I wouldn't mind being wrong
Finally got to hark house pretty fun
10-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

Click on above icons
to discover more about the games!

PENNY ARCADE'S ON THE RAIN -
SLICK PRECIPICE OF DARKNESS 3

is a nominee for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
24/10/2012

Do you like to explore the town of New Arcadia in all 16-bit glory?

VOTE HERE
- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
11-01-2012 at 10:08 AM
10-29-2012, 12:14 PM
This game isn't getting enough good exposure. I think it's awesome. Full disclosure - I also thought Cthulhu Saves The World was awesome.

In neither game did I have a problem with the controls. Yeah, they are less than perfect. But by no means are they game-breaking. In each case it took me less than a minute to adapt. If the devs improve the controls, great. But the game is only $3, I don't have much to complain about. I totally understand when people get annoyed at lackluster controls, but this isn't a twitch platformer. Basically, if you enjoy retro rpgs, I don't think the controls will really prevent you from enjoying this game.

As has been mentioned, the writing and the combat systems are where this game really shines. I have also found myself laughing out loud. The complexity increases at a manageable rate, and the difficulty ramps up enough to keep me engaged. In fact, I hit a wall in chapter 8 (golem defender). That dude was tough. I had to rearrange my classes in order to find a strategy that worked.

And it's certainly not grindy. In fact, it's almost impossible to grind (I'd say more, but I want to avoid spoilers).

Anyway, figured the game could use more cheerleading.
Unless you truly hated CSTW, I'd say go for it.
10-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyTheGhost View Post
This game isn't getting enough good exposure. I think it's awesome. Full disclosure - I also thought Cthulhu Saves The World was awesome.

In neither game did I have a problem with the controls. Yeah, they are less than perfect. But by no means are they game-breaking. In each case it took me less than a minute to adapt. If the devs improve the controls, great. But the game is only $3, I don't have much to complain about. I totally understand when people get annoyed at lackluster controls, but this isn't a twitch platformer. Basically, if you enjoy retro rpgs, I don't think the controls will really prevent you from enjoying this game.

As has been mentioned, the writing and the combat systems are where this game really shines. I have also found myself laughing out loud. The complexity increases at a manageable rate, and the difficulty ramps up enough to keep me engaged. In fact, I hit a wall in chapter 8 (golem defender). That dude was tough. I had to rearrange my classes in order to find a strategy that worked.

And it's certainly not grindy. In fact, it's almost impossible to grind (I'd say more, but I want to avoid spoilers).

Anyway, figured the game could use more cheerleading.
Unless you truly hated CSTW, I'd say go for it.
Yea if anyone played the first two they should know its not grindy its fixed so no random fights or replayable fights. I do miss the narrator though.
10-29-2012, 06:55 PM
I voted for this game. In fact I enjoy it more than Cthulhu Saves the World, which I already liked (played PC version). The game 's not perfect, but it's nice to play an iOS game that isn't an endless runner or puzzle platformer.
10-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by runliketurtles View Post
I voted for this game. In fact I enjoy it more than Cthulhu Saves the World, which I already liked (played PC version). The game 's not perfect, but it's nice to play an iOS game that isn't an endless runner or puzzle platformer.
Both are great in my opinion hope they get more games on iOS.