Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2012, 02:42 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just bought it... will test in a while and give out some imps.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Ok, now this game looks really fun. How IAP-dependant is it?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:17 AM

Made an error below, you don't have to buy guns, they are given to you, you only pay for upgrades. IAP isn't force as far as world 2 goes and seems like the game is full playable without it. Game has also grown on me and quite decent, character graphics could do with some uprising in game though.

It's probably a 3 and a half to 4, more than worth the money but not going to be everyone's thing. Game probably stars off a little too slow for its own good but ramps up.

ORIGINAL

A bit hard to say re IAP but let's just say it looks as though your earning amount is not comparative to what things cost, only half way to being able to afford the second set of pistols after around 5 stages and there's around 5 sets of guns for each character, plus fairly expensive upgrades.

Earning potential from replaying stages is limited because you don't get paid out again for the star/skull rating, only what you pick up from kills. So I'm presuming somewhat of a grind. No IAP popup has come up yet though, but it sits there beside your coin tally.

Game itself is okay, movement is rigid in that it is in straight lines and you can't curve a path, targeting enemies is this weird drag out from character to enemy which results in character moving rather than shooting if you misplace the end marker some times. Strategic potential is pretty much non existent from what I've played, it's an arcade shooter with drag out targeting and barren battle screens.

3 stars from me, think maybe some marketing time could have been spent on game, it isn't terrible but not really doing it for me, cost of everything versus earnings isn't a good sign either, could change as I progress but not promising. I don't think there will be enough game here to keep me occupied, due to grind I don't think it'll play fast enough to be a proper arcade title either.

I'll give it more of a chance and change this if something changes in game.

Last edited by september; 10-25-2012 at 07:15 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This is actually a very good Battleheart-like game. It is unconventional that there isnt tap to move or attack thoough, as it is drag from a character to a target to do that. Not game breaking, but weird.

The IAP is what scares me.

Replaying missions only gives you coins you get from pickups during a battle. No more Mission completion reward on a replay.

Also, the prices become ridiculous too fast. The handgun for the first nun for example. First upgrade costs 1500 (or was it 2500? but it wasnt higher than that). The next upgrade is 22,500. O_o

And i get like about 1500 for each first-time mission completion for the first 2 missions. And i got about 2000 on the third mission. The first upgrades for the other 3 characters are around 5000, 8000 and 9000, so i imagine the higher level upgrades will be more expensive.

Also, it seems each nun only has 1 skill. Which is weird.

BUT... i havent even scratched the surface yet. So far, i am having fun at this, as this is a fantastic take on the proven battleheart strategy formula.

Very stylish graphics too, with some very varied animations for each of the nuns whether they are shooting, using skills, running, or even standing in place.

Great stuff, but im wary about the IAP.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Ok.. so the IAP loooks to be for the impatient only. Finished the first chapter without the use of IAP and without too much grinding.Ive only replayed like 3 or 4 missions once, out of the 10 missions in the first chapter.

I recommend you pick this up, especially if you like Battleheart. Just be wary of the drag-from-character-to-move-or-attack. Despite the flaw, it's awesome.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Ok.. so the IAP loooks to be for the impatient only. Finished the first chapter without the use of IAP and without too much grinding.Ive only replayed like 3 or 4 missions once, out of the 10 missions in the first chapter.

I recommend you pick this up, especially if you like Battleheart. Just be wary of the drag-from-character-to-move-or-attack. Despite the flaw, it's awesome.
Thanks, bud. Was waiting to hear about that as I'm wary of the dreaded IAP monster, too. I'd still like to see a video that shows actual game play in it, though.

Last edited by bigrand1; 10-25-2012 at 01:11 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 01:41 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yeah... by the way, it doesnt look too sharp on the ipad3, so i guess it isnt retina.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Thanks, bud. Was waiting to hear about that as I'm wary of the dreaded IAP monster, too. I'd still like to see a video that shows actual game play in it, though.
Plus 1
Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-25-2012, 01:58 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Sounds promising, but i have to know does it require Wifi to play? if so, then it's a pass for me...