Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2012, 02:26 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I plan on getting this as soon as I get out of work today.
Does anyone know if there is an endless arcade mode like there was in ABCA?

Last edited by MarqueeK; 10-25-2012 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: Spelling mistake...
Old 10-25-2012, 12:37 PM

This game is the spiritual successor to their excellent lexic/abca. They have added a challenge system like jetpack joyride to earn stars on the levels..Challenges like make a six letter word or use 3 special tiles etc. They have added a world map system and the letters levels being in different zones that get stars depending if you met the challenge requirements. I dont know if there is a endless mode but there is alot here.

Get it at 3 bucks its worth more easy, it will go to 5 bucks it will still be worth it, kieffer bros makes the best word games period and im glad to see them back.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

To be honest, I've had my fill of word games, but the production value of this game is fantastically unavoidable. The challenges are uniquely curated to offer each level a specific set of achievements. There is a relaxing vibe underscoring the gameplay that allows players to strategically plan in advance how letters will be placed once removed as one positions for subsequently higher scoring opportunities.

The game's difficulty is pitched just right...and if one misses out on an achievement, you could always replay the level at a later time. If you are a fan of the genre, I'd definitely recommend picking it up. Also, the Kieffer Bros are not known for lowering their price point once its been set. Buy now!

Edit: I spoke too soon about a timer. Ah well...it's still a great game

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 10-25-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 03:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I contacted Kieffer Bros about 7 or 8 months ago, wondering if ABCA (Lexic) would be getting an ipad version AND a retina overhaul.
They told me that they were working on an even better and bigger word game.

I'm truly excited for this game.

It seems like I have been checking under Kieffer Bros on iTunes every week for some time.

Great game, well worth every penny
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I contacted Kieffer Bros about 7 or 8 months ago, wondering if ABCA (Lexic) would be getting an ipad version AND a retina overhaul.
They told me that they were working on an even better and bigger word game.

I'm truly excited for this game.

It seems like I have been checking under Kieffer Bros on iTunes every week for some time.

Great game, well worth every penny
when i asked them 2 years ago in 2010 if abca was gonna get a retina universal treatment when i got my ipod touch 4th gen, and i got a response back

"Sadly, we don't have any plans to give Abca retina-ready graphics. We have so much we want to add to the Abca brand, it will really warrant an entirely new app (retina-ready and universal, of course). I hope this makes sense. Regardless, I agree—hi-res Abca would rock!"
Best Wishes,

Michael Kieffer

and BAM out comes Spell Rift! 2 years later

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 10-25-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Okay, first off, I finally figured out to access those hidden levels (probably wasn't a mystery to most of you):

•••Spoiler:  
Simply get all 3 stars in the parent level (easier said than done)

While I'm starting to doubt this game has anything like the original's endless level gameplay, these discrete levels are pretty neat and IMMENSELY replayable.

Each of the game's 21 levels (18 accessible by merely completing the previous level and 3 being a bit more elusive) is it's own little game unto itself. Each level will have a quirky title, will feature its own unique combination of special pieces, its own primary task needed to complete the level (like make 75 words), and 3 bonus objectives. These bonus objectives are purely optional but if completed will give a nice boost to your overall combined score (a nice little bonus on top of your best score for the level you achieved them in) and might play a part in accessing the hidden levels. What really impresses me is how this system really has you replaying levels for multiple reasons. I mean at first it is simply a matter of successfully completing the level's primary objective before you fail (depending on the level that could be due to running out of time or letting a bomb go off). After you've cleared a level than you can replay it to meet all of the bonus objectives you might have missed or just go back with the sole purpose of improving your top score on the level!

Easily one of the top AppStore word games so far!
5/5!

Last edited by LordGek; 10-26-2012 at 10:48 PM..
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Ditto to what LordGek posted. This is a highly polished and very enjoyable word game with excellent replay value. I also like the fact that I can play self contained levels in just a few minutes.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

On sale for 99 cents.