★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ballmazing

11-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]

Labyrinth Clone or what? There's almost no difference.

11-30-2008, 12:34 AM
I wonder how good the physics are. The physics from labyrinth in the app store are incredible and spot on.
But it looks eerily similar, though how diverse can a copy of the old toy be unless you want to make a new game?

11-30-2008, 12:49 AM
This game looks "balltastic". I'd get it but Labyrinth looks much much better...
11-30-2008, 07:26 PM
BallMazing YouTube Clips of Game Playing

Take a look at YouTube, I have posted a clip of me playing BallMazing.

11-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Wow, I have the feeling the makers of Labyrinth are going to sue...
I stand by my previous statement: Labyrinth looks much much better
11-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I bought Labyrint on my 1st gen iPhone last year... you sent the dev money and he gave you an unlock code for your IMEA number.

Anyway, absolutely an awesome, underrated game. Infinite levels, simple gameplay but addictive/frustrating.

I don't play it much anymore as there are so many awesome games for the platform now, but the clones of this i've tried are just horrid IMO, the physics isn't there, they lag, urrgh.

Not tried ballmazing, but deffinately a rip off. Would annoy me if i was the labyrinth dev.
11-30-2008, 08:26 PM
The prior knowledge for this application is the wooden ball bearing game "Labyrinth", there are many other versions available for an array of devices.

Have a look at

They look similar.... so is the game really new??

I have added four new game elements, the sludge tank that slows you down but is usually positioned to enable you to bypass a difficult section. A skid pad that speeds you up and you skid over the surface. A bouncer that bounces you off in the opposite direction at a greater speed and a blocker that moves out from the wall and will push you into a hole.

Other game elements that I'm working on are; Black Holes, Travelator, Lift, One Way Doors and Merry Go-Round.
11-30-2008, 08:28 PM
You are totally right mister developer. However, we are still going to rip on you for being misleading and shamelessly advertising your app.
11-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I took a look at the YouTube video, and I have to say that that green stuff the ball has to go through looks super tedious and not at all fun. Personally, I would be too impatient to wait for my ball to finish going through the zones at snail speed.

Just a gal who likes to write and has an unhealthy(probably) attachment to her iPod.

Top 6 favorite games right now: {Rogue Touch, Sway, Pocket God, Archibald's Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, Platypus}
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
That is the point, you can go fast through it but you as you leave it your velocity is high. These are only positioned to enable you to bypass difficult sections. There is only one game board where you have to go through a medium sized one, which is on the practice level. The more difficult elements are the bouncers and blockers.