Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-13-2012, 04:20 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Personally I blame Apple for not giving devs an easier way to filter which device their apps can run on. Almost want to ask Apple for a refund to just get their attention. j/k... ;-P

But then I do enjoy it in the iPad so I'm not too sad.. Lol..
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Personally I blame Apple for not giving devs an easier way to filter which device their apps can run on. Almost want to ask Apple for a refund to just get their attention. j/k... ;-P

But then I do enjoy it in the iPad so I'm not too sad.. Lol..
Yeah that's true. I guess they can't make it available on 5th gen without also being available on 4th.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Sorry for "hijacking" this thread, but for those who've played Ikaruga in the past, how would you make that game control on a touchscreen? I'm playing it on Android and find the controls lacklustre, and seeing that the game is highly rated, it would be a waste if poor controls made it irrelevant on touchscreens.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Iphone game rRootage Online has an "IKA" mode that controls fine. Move your ship just like Dodonpachi then tap anywhere with another finger to switch polarity. No lock-on bomb but whatevs.

It's free you could try it and see if it feels better/worse/same to you.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Sorry for "hijacking" this thread, but for those who've played Ikaruga in the past, how would you make that game control on a touchscreen? I'm playing it on Android and find the controls lacklustre, and seeing that the game is highly rated, it would be a waste if poor controls made it irrelevant on touchscreens.
I've never actually played Ikagura (BLASPHEMY~!), but as far as the whole polarity shooting thing goes, "Kyotokei" does it pretty well on iPhone. How does the Android version of Ikagura handle the color changing?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I've never actually played Ikagura (BLASPHEMY~!), but as far as the whole polarity shooting thing goes, "Kyotokei" does it pretty well on iPhone. How does the Android version of Ikagura handle the color changing?
Have to agree... was just going to bring up Kyotokei. rRootage is another fine example of polarity done perfectly. =oP
Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Me too. In the Polara thread loads were talking about it, so now it came to Android I'd be foolish to not finally play it! (I am not a fan of shmups but I give this an exception).

Basically, the default controls are drag to move ship, and three buttons at the bottom for shoot, change polarity and homing missile respectively.

Of course, this is a dumb layout, so luckily there are alternatives available. (You can assign one of the button to a single tap, and another to double tap).

What I did was I assigned single tap to change polarity. Then I turned on auto-fire. But it still feels clunky. I really hope they work on it.

One main reason is you can't change color while moving. Also, from what I understand, auto-fire isn't how you should play Ikaruga. So they need to figure that out too (you need to strategically aim for killchains).

I hope you understand my gibberish here.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Highly recommended you try it if you can. Easiest would either be through XBLA, or get the GameCube version on eBay (Wii will play it if you have a GC controller and memory card).

+1 for Kyotokei. Pretty decent polarity shmup.
+10 for rRootage. Any shmup fans should have this as a staple. It has a ton of levels across 4 very different play styles.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Iphone game rRootage Online has an "IKA" mode that controls fine. Move your ship just like Dodonpachi then tap anywhere with another finger to switch polarity. No lock-on bomb but whatevs.

It's free you could try it and see if it feels better/worse/same to you.
Thanks for the game. Will check it out.

Don't forget, Ikaruga has got a homing button, and also actually should be used with manual (not auto) aiming. So two extra control elements to contend with here.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:40 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Highly recommended you try it if you can. Easiest would either be through XBLA, or get the GameCube version on eBay (Wii will play it if you have a GC controller and memory card).

+1 for Kyotokei. Pretty decent polarity shmup.
+10 for rRootage. Any shmup fans should have this as a staple. It has a ton of levels across 4 very different play styles.
I guess there's a reason to pull my Xbox out of it's 3 year hibernation now. Guessing it's not on PS3. Well, no difference...that's also in hiberation now. >_>

This is my last bit of thread derailing: I've always avoided rRootage because of the "Online" part of the title. I don't know why, but that just completely confused the hell out of me. I just picked up the HD version...wow. I've seriously been missing out on this for such a long time?