Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2012, 04:05 PM

I was enjoying a couple of games with toasty cat, but the app seems to have stopped on me. It loads then immediately crashes. Have tried deleting and reinstating and turning ipad off, to no luck, same problem. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Ps seemed to happen shortly after I tried to purchase the premium IAP.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Please add me as an active player: GC Tag: Munkie
Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyperion View Post
I was enjoying a couple of games with toasty cat, but the app seems to have stopped on me. It loads then immediately crashes. Have tried deleting and reinstating and turning ipad off, to no luck, same problem. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Ps seemed to happen shortly after I tried to purchase the premium IAP.
Sorry to hear that man!
I have had issues with pop up buttons not working, and some screens... but a quit and reboot has always done the trick for me, on my iPhone :\
Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty_Cat View Post
Sorry to hear that man!
I have had issues with pop up buttons not working, and some screens... but a quit and reboot has always done the trick for me, on my iPhone :\
Sorry about that Toasty Cat, I will try another reboot and see if we can pick the games up again.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyperion View Post
Sorry about that Toasty Cat, I will try another reboot and see if we can pick the games up again.

Thanks
It's cool man, it probably just needs a good bug fix to iron out the kinks, do you know if you actually purchased the premium or not? 'Cause it popped up for me 4 more times after I did it once :S
Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 PM

Getting a game going is such a pain... This game desperately needs Game Center support.

I did manage to play one game and it's quite cool (I've never played the board game version before). It's a shame the outer package is keeping this game from greatness.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I've been looking forward to this game but its a complete disappointment.
No random matchmaking? What the hell is this? A beta?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:38 PM

Definitely needs a big update with GC and bug fixes, when it gets that, I think this could be great.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

The dev has stated several times in various forums that Game Center lacks the (unspecified) features that they see this game needing.

Most recently this remark taken from Pocket Tactics summarizes what has been stated here and elsewhere in that regards :
Quote:
I agree with you all that GameCenter support and AI would be really really nice...!
But right now GameCenter doesn't have all the necessary features, even though iOS6 made a big leap!
We will continue to have GC in mind as it evolves but right now it's not really up to par with what we want to do with the game :-(

We're working on AI for the game, but it's not easy to do and will probably take some time :-/
edit:
Maybe not ... he later came back to remark :
Quote:
Can I calm your senses if I tell you that I'm reading the GameCenter documentation for iOS6 really thorough right now? ;-)
It will be iOS6 only if I decide to change the backend for GameCenter and I will probably have to give up the "in game chat" :-/

Last edited by sladeums; 10-25-2012 at 06:27 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I can't imagine what this game is doing that Game Center doesn't support outside of the chat, which could still be implemented in a way that allowed to you send messages on your turn, just not anytime you want. And as I said early, I'm can deal with no GC, but the lack of random matchmaking was almost enough for me to just deleted it as soon as I figured out it was missing. It definitely means I won't be paying for the premium version before at least the first update, then we'll see what that contains...

Last edited by VanderLegion; 10-25-2012 at 07:46 PM..