★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
I know GC or random matchmaking would be awesome in this game, but really, how hard is it to type people's names into the app and add them? Takes about all of one second per person, and I already have like 20 people on my in-game friends list and easily have had at least a few races going on at any one time since I downloaded the app.

Not. That. Hard.

Last edited by MrMojoRisin; 10-26-2012 at 08:27 AM.
10-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Add me, I want to play more games. I can get in at least a few moves a day. Racer Feud name is Corey.

10-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
I know GC or random matchmaking would be awesome in this game, but really, how hard is it to type people's names into the app and add them? Takes about all of one second per person, and I already have like 20 people on my in-game friends list and easily have had at least a few races going on at any one time since I downloaded the app.

Not. That. Hard.
For those of us that frequent forums such as this where we can GET names to do that? You're right, not hard, but I shouldn't have to do that. For someone who DOESN'T get on forums and doesn't know anyone else that has the game? Pretty much screwed. And even with having friends on my friends list I frequently do random matchmaking in other games just to play against new people.
10-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
For those of us that frequent forums such as this where we can GET names to do that? You're right, not hard, but I shouldn't have to do that. For someone who DOESN'T get on forums and doesn't know anyone else that has the game? Pretty much screwed. And even with having friends on my friends list I frequently do random matchmaking in other games just to play against new people.
I don't disagree with you. I guess my only point is that the people that are really going to enjoy this app probably are already on sites like this and Boardgamegeek. I just actually started a 10 man race on BGG. Maybe we could get one going on here as well.
10-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Laden with typos, crashes and bad UI.

But I can't stop playing for the time being. As long as the app gets some much needed updates I can see me playing this a lot!

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And a bunch of other games you've never heard of!
10-26-2012, 11:38 AM
I am up for some games this weekend. Add me Tulsy
10-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
I don't disagree with you. I guess my only point is that the people that are really going to enjoy this app probably are already on sites like this and Boardgamegeek. I just actually started a 10 man race on BGG. Maybe we could get one going on here as well.
I'd be up for a 10man race.
10-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Maybe we could get one going on here as well.
Should you start one, add me! (Blackharon)

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And a bunch of other games you've never heard of!
10-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
Laden with typos, crashes and bad UI.

But I can't stop playing for the time being. As long as the app gets some much needed updates I can see me playing this a lot!
What's so bad about the UI? I think it's fairly decent. You can even undo! The only "crash" I've had so far is when the game froze up as I tried to accept back-to-back friend requests.

I agree that despite its problems Formula Feud is fun, but without an AI or Game Center support and other issues I can't help but think its fanbase is going to remain very, very small.
10-26-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm really surprised that no one is screaming about the fact that this a complete rip off of Formula D?? And from what I've read it's even a sub par copy of it. I guess Mario and Pokemon are too sacred to clone but everything else is up for grabs?