Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2012, 06:29 PM

Default Guns 4 Hire

i just downloaded this game from the Rebellion games, and its not half bad lot of nods to the old shoot up desert games. Who can remember the famous most wanted card deck, yep similar thing is in this game.

You control a squad of 4 mechs, thus the title guns for hire. Taking cover while shooting at the bad guys. Movement and firing at targets is touch move.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/guns-4-hire/id561443154?mt=8
Old 10-25-2012, 07:25 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-01-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
So yay or nay?
I would say download it and figure out whether you can deal with the freemium set up. The game looks great and on a 4S the framerate is phenomenal. The gameplay is mostly about map exploration and tactical positioning. You can use special attacks (grenades, air strikes), set up turrets, and generally cause mayhem.

The big caveat is that the game is freemium through and through -- multiple currencies, timers for health recovery between missions, etc.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM
iPad Air

Looks like a quality title. But not gonna bother with it at all. Rebellion u most definitely got my money if you release it as a regular title and none of this IAP coins and whatever is in there.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:53 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I would say download it and figure out whether you can deal with the freemium set up. The game looks great and on a 4S the framerate is phenomenal. The gameplay is mostly about map exploration and tactical positioning. You can use special attacks (grenades, air strikes), set up turrets, and generally cause mayhem.

The big caveat is that the game is freemium through and through -- multiple currencies, timers for health recovery between missions, etc.
Unfortunatly, the devs who are best at mischieviously implementing iapps make it so you don't know that you can no longer progress without spending money until you've already sunk 5+ hours into it.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Unfortunatly, the devs who are best at mischieviously implementing iapps make it so you don't know that you can no longer progress without spending money until you've already sunk 5+ hours into it.
Luckily I am not an obsessive completionist, and I am more than happy to walk away from a game if I feel it's trying to extort money from me .
Old 10-26-2012, 01:55 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This game plays really well, it reminds me of borderlands legends from what ive seen in the screenshots.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Just tried downloading it to give it a try and got the message:

The item your trying to download is no longer available

Even tho its still there on the App Store lol
Old 10-26-2012, 03:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Arrrgh same here.

I do like Rebellion but its a shame this one seems IAP heavy, did want to try it though but no longer available. Pain ! I've emailed their website so i'll let you know if i hear anything
Old 10-26-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Arrrgh same here.

I do like Rebellion but its a shame this one seems IAP heavy, did want to try it though but no longer available. Pain ! I've emailed their website so i'll let you know if i hear anything
I must be one of the "lucky" ones then that manage to grab it, wonder if this is another opps we leaked it out when we shouldn't of done ie manager of heros...mistakes.

One BIG issue the game tells you to use cover to protect your squad problem is you often have one guy standing in plain view taking hits.

Another and this game play, when you do the harder mission on the same level you eat though first aid kits like they was candy due to first big issue of your squad not taking cover. Lucky and if you willing to go the pain you can watch it seems unlimited videos and get 3,000 bucks a video...so a couple of them and you got yourself some more first aid kits but we shouldnt need to do this.