Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 11:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Wait...did I mean 5 or 4? Has there been more than one released for current gen consoles?
5 isn't out yet. 4 has been out for a while. Neither of them would be possible on current generation mobile devices. The file sizes would be much too big (Apple's limit is 2gb) and the devices just aren't sufficiently powerful enough IMO. I'm no expert, but there's a noticeable difference between iOS games and GTA IV/V.

San Andreas is possible, but the file size is still going to be a problem. On my Mac, it takes up upwards of 5 GB. Compare that to the 1.6 GB for Vice City and 1.3 GB for GTA III. It's also more graphically intensive (embarrassingly enough, my computer struggles a bit with it in some areas, while Vice City and GTA 3 run relatively smoothly).
Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I really want it now
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 AM

Apps can take up more than 2 gb... Rhapsody takes up 3gb on my iphone. What they would do is make you download all the content within the app and lower all the graphics and change some of the physics to make it work. I suppose it would have to end up looking like vice city/San Andreas but with the same map layouts and missions as IV or V.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
Awesome! Hopefully next year (or sooner) we get San Andreas. That'd be amazing.
Wish it was San Andreas, as I didn't get to play it when it originally released. It was around that time my interest in computer games were waning thus selling off all my consoles...

I may however still pick up Vice City. Despite being really excited when it first came out, I'mean the soundtrack alone was worthy of a purchase, I didn't really get my teeth stuck into it much... were far too busy with uni, work and partying

I still don't know where I'll find the time now, especially with a wife and two young children.

GTA is one of those games that you can easily waste hours playing missions and running people over... well it definitely was when I would play GTA III back then.

Last edited by OutSpoken; 10-31-2012 at 07:33 AM..
Old 10-31-2012, 08:19 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

So this means San Andreas is next in 2014. That is going to be ridiculous if they manage that. Jetpacks, planes, just close to the perfect game.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSpoken View Post
I still don't know where I'll find the time now, especially with a wife and two young children.
Thats the great thing about iOS gaming, if i rigged up some latest console to the tv etc the kids/wife would moan that they want to watch their programs. Instead i can have a quick 5 or 10 minutes go at GTA III whenever i want specially if theyre watching their programs !

Bachelor days i would have been playing tons of games but have to play here and there nowadays depending on wife/kid !
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Wait...did I mean 5 or 4? Has there been more than one released for current gen consoles?
5 is not out yet, but I mean I want it for iOS too.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingz View Post
Dammit i really want to know now if it will support my ipod touch 4 i really hate to get my hopes up plus i here people saying tht it doesnt have enough RAM to support it but when i looked at the system requirments i saw tht the minimal RAM needed was about 128MB and the recommended amount was 256MB which is what i have. Im very confused by this can some one explain to me why i wouldnt work please?
The ipod touch 4 has 256mb but after loading ios it has about 120mb free. Thats why it wouldnt work well.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
I'd like to see Rockstar accomplish GTA V on mobile platforms. But it is impossible at the moment. I think so at least. Well maybe newer gen devices could handle it?
Impossible on any current gen devices, we are looking at about 5 years before thats possible.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteOutlawz View Post
Impossible on any current gen devices, we are looking at about 5 years before thats possible.
Hell, it took ten years for GTA III. Granted, devices from '09 could run it (just not that well).

Closed Thread