Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Yes! I knew this would be the next GTA to come to iOS! The first port worked great, and I hope this one will be 10 times better.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:53 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Lol @ anyone who thinks this port will be a6 exclusive.

It was a PS2 game people. Playstation 2. The requirements should be very similar to GTA 3, though I wouldn't be surprised if the iPad 1 and iPod 4 get cut out just due to the lack of RAM.

But A5 devices getting 25 fps? You joking? I suspect full effects will be present for A5 devices and up. A5X and A6X will be getting high res assets, with the A6X achieving a smooth 60 while the A5X will probably have a respectably stable framerate as well.

A5 devices will probably get similar framerates to the A5X, just without the higher res assets.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Not a complete surprise to see this announced, but I am very excited nonetheless. One of the best game soundtracks ever. GTA III last year was a great blast from the past and still ranks as one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had on the iOS. Assuming a similar release schedule, we can probably expect this in mid-December, so I guess this gives me a deadline to finish Balder's Gate.

Next up will be GTA: San Andreas, though keep in mind that it was released in October 2004, not 2003, so we may have to wait a couple of years. It would not be a complete surprise if that game requires the A6 processor and by that point most people will have a device with at least an A6.

Last edited by volcanopele; 10-26-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 12:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'd say they've been working on this for quite a while already, so my guess is 4s and up, and ipad 3 and up.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-sam View Post
I'd say they've been working on this for quite a while already, so my guess is 4s and up, and ipad 3 and up.
It's a Playstation 2 game. No new hardware was required to play gta 3, vice city, or San Andreas. No reason why this should be significantly different. Cutting out the iPad 2 (which has identical hardware to the 4s) is a ludicrous idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcanopele View Post
Not a complete surprise to see this announced, but I am very excited nonetheless. One of the best game soundtracks ever. GTA III last year was a great blast from the past and still ranks as one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had on the iOS. Assuming a similar release schedule, we can probably expect this in mid-December, so I guess this gives me a deadline to finish Balder's Gate.

Next up will be GTA: San Andreas, though keep in mind that it was released in October 2004, not 2003, so we may have to wait a couple of years. Not a complete surprise as that game may require the A6 processor and by that point most people will have a device with at least an A6.
I highly doubt that San Andreas will be significantly more hardware intensive than vice city.

Last edited by JBRUU; 10-26-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Will be compatible with 3Gs please?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
Well GTA 3 wasn't officially compatible with the 3GS but still ran on it, so there might be hope. Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up though. Same amount of ram as the iPod 4 and iPad 1
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I highly doubt that San Andreas will be significantly more hardware intensive than vice city.
It may not strictly be the processor, but it will need more RAM for example. GTA: San Andreas pushed the PS2 and Xbox much more than the previous two GTA games due to its shear size if anything. And two years of device releases may also influence system requirements.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Banned
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
i think same as gta3 itunes dresciption says 3gs not compatible but ran fine.

most games dont work on 3gs due lag Ram and not for the processor.

ARM CORTEX AB [3GS],A4,A5,A5x,A6 are same arquitecture armv7.

minium i think devices whit 512mb ram iphone 4 up.

Last edited by picoro; 10-26-2012 at 12:53 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 01:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcanopele View Post
It may not strictly be the processor, but it will need more RAM for example. GTA: San Andreas pushed the PS2 and Xbox much more than the previous two GTA games due to its shear size if anything. And two years of device releases may also influence system requirements.
The iPod 4 has more ram than the ps2, albeit DDR2 instead of VRAM. IMO any A5 device could run San Andreas just fine.

But if ram is the issue, why did you bring up processors?

Closed Thread