★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Toucharcade.com app?

06-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Toucharcade.com app?

It just particularly came to my mind, but how come Touch Arcade doesn't have an app? Like an app that you could sign into and read the forums and stories easier? I'm no developer or anything but I don't think that would be hard to do... I mean I can view it just fine on my touch through Safari, but come on. You can't say that wouldn't be pretty F*ckin cool hahaha. Anyways, didn't know if there was a topic on this already, didn't see one in the search. Anyways, just thought it would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
06-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I was thinking about this too. It would be a good idea, but the makers of this site would have to make it, due to log on info I think.
Wrong section though.

back

06-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Well, wrong forum to start with, but besides that, I can't really think of anything such an app could do that isn't already easily accomplished in Safari.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Not even push notification when a thread about game release has been posted in the forum?

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Not even push notification when a thread about game release has been posted in the forum?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjacMS7Siqw

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Push for PM
Push for threads you subscribe too (would helps devs track interest)
Keep my login info saved

less memory usage since you wouldn't be using safari

I would love having this
06-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Yup. In fact, Apple should sponsor who ever is making this TA app. With every notice pushed, we will be buying games every hour (not just every day) lol...

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Well, wrong forum to start with, but besides that, I can't really think of anything such an app could do that isn't already easily accomplished in Safari.
Neither can I with facebook but I for some reason find the facebook app faster and much easier to use than Safari. I vote yes! But I wouldn't want to pay for it. I wouldn't have paid for Facebook either. I would download a version with ads and maybe there could be a paid app without ads for those that would pay.
06-18-2009, 10:19 PM
This subject has been breached waay too many times. Yes, it'd be awesome, yes, it'd have to be free, but the possibilities of making it a reality rest with our good reviewer, Arn (he has the keys to the place ), and someone actually willing to code it. Basically it'd a GUI that runs off feeds from this place. They'd have to be constant, which makes me wonder...

@dmbfan192: While I'd much rather use the app than actually go to the Facebook website, the app itself sucks. There hasn't been an update in months, it hardly supports the basic functions, and there're a bunch of bugs (e.g, John has posted ______ 4 hours ago).
06-18-2009, 10:23 PM
just make a bookmark from the home-screen i did
it has the green alien icon