Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
^This^ +1

I get so tired of people taking codes and not leaving impressions. I don't know what's worse, people who post that they took a code and then never say another word about the game, or people who can't even be bothered to post that they took the codes...

Assuming you're looking to create some buzz and word-of-mouth, I sent you a PM with the names of a bunch of TA members that buy virtually everything interesting that comes out and post impressions and feedback almost fanatically. Hope it's helpful...

DBC
DBC,

I also don't think its fair to everyone to just post all the codes at once, having a contest run for a day or two will be more fair to everyone. If people take a code, they could reply with a simple "Thanks for code XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

My goal is to create Buzz and word of mouth for the Game. I will contact those TA members for sure and see how things go.

If all goes well i would love to start the contest monday and have end on halloween. if the contest has good results I'm willing to keep doing similar contests with every app update more give-aways to the TA members.

Last edited by EPX; 10-28-2012 at 03:45 AM..
Old 10-28-2012, 01:26 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Am I right in assuming there aren't any IAPs in this?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:30 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Am I right in assuming there aren't any IAPs in this?
In the current version there are no IAPs, we are currently working on that in a future update.

We are releasing all Future Scenario's for FREE , think of scenarios as different chapters in a large story.

we have send apple version 1.0.1 which has audio fixes, and massive boss battle animations that were missing in the first version (1.0.0)
Old 10-28-2012, 02:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

here's when the contest is starting and ending:

The Contest Starts Monday October 29th 12:00AM Eastern - Wednesday October 31st at Midnight Eastern Time.

Winners will be posted at 5PM Eastern time on Halloween (Wednesday October 31st)
Old 10-28-2012, 05:21 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is the current edition stand alone as is or partially "incomplete" without additional chapters/content. How long is playtime estimated for first chapter?

Last edited by undeadcow; 10-28-2012 at 05:25 AM..
Old 10-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Banned
iPad, iOS 5.x

I need a troll face when I say this: "WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?!"
Is this done sorta joke game? Like EnviroBear?
I mean, after bearing through those god-awesful trailers, either this is a prank, our you guys are using a drag and drop editor in 5th grade!
It's great just for a shock at how low and basic a game can get.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Is the current edition stand alone as is or partially "incomplete" without additional chapters/content. How long is playtime estimated for first chapter?
The current Scenario is a complete story, the other Scenario's will also have different stories. Now Scenario 1 does have two different endings. A Good and a Bad Ending.

Typical playtimes vary for most point and click games, it can take you a few hours (3-4) or more depending on how many traps you activate and if you die in the game. If you know where all the items are and avoid all the traps the game can be completed in less then a hour

hope that helps

Last edited by EPX; 10-28-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old 10-28-2012, 12:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
I mean, after bearing through those god-awesful trailers, either this is a prank, our you guys are using a drag and drop editor in 5th grade!
the voice acting, story and overall spirit of the game is meant to be campy like an over-the-top b horror movie. The mechanics, challenge and exploration are solid.

Did you get a good laugh at the guy who gets electrocuted ??, that cut scene was meant for a laugh, and to alert people that we got traps in the game.

EnviroBear is quite funny to be honest

give the game a chance you might be surprised.

Last edited by EPX; 10-28-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Old 10-28-2012, 05:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

If you'd like to do a fun contest, why not take screenshots from famous horror movies or games and ask users to identify them. Each screenshot would be numbered, and then the first user to PM you with a title for that particular screenshot gets a code. You'd have to remove the ones people have gotten each time you give out a code, but it would serve as a fun, fair way to pass out codes.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
Why are you hating on Enviro Bear? That game is a classic. You just have to have the right mindset to enjoy it. It's supposed to be wacky, ugly and difficult - much like QWOP.