Are you more looking for games than playing games?

View Poll Results: See thread title!
Yes. (sigh) 26 78.79%
No. I prefer playing instead of looking all day for new stuff. Really. 2 6.06%
Yes... hmm.. but why? 5 15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll
10-27-2012, 04:40 PM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I admit I am an app addict. Probably spend more time on TA per day than actually playing games. Sigh...
Story of my past 2 years....

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
10-27-2012, 05:14 PM
#12
We keep digesting games at a steady rate
If we stop cold turkey or even try to reign in our obsession the withdrawal is so harsh we don't dare lessen our hunting , gathering and playing!
Some clever corporation understands all of this......I'd like to go on but I'm late for my gamers anonymous support group

10-27-2012, 06:28 PM
#13
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I admit I am an app addict. Probably spend more time on TA per day than actually playing games. Sigh...
Exactly the same. I just HAVE to get every new, shiny and interesting game that pops up in the store.

Constantly browsing for my new fix.

There are a few games that I have played since day one though (those management games and endless games.)
But yeah, hundreds of games I download, play for a few minutes, then take them off my phone but leave them on iTunes, to wait for content updates.
10-27-2012, 07:23 PM
#14
Since I got into the iOS culture, without a doubt, yes. Applies to console games now as well though.

Twitter: @back2this
10-27-2012, 08:08 PM
#15
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,330
Change your payment info more then five times in under 1 month and iTunes will lock you out completely from buying or updating anything for 30 days. Not even Apple support can help you unlock it. I discovered this since I use virtual Visa cards and managed to change it one time too many. Just a tip if you really havin problems getting trough your withdrawl symptoms.

Stock up on can and freezer food. Lots of happy pills. First week the hardest, I would have dove into a shitter Train Spotting style if someone trew a working magical willy wonky iTunes gift card in it. After that it gets easier and easier for every day that passes. Until you're allowed to input new payment info again. Then it all comes back. The hoarding. The madness. The...ninjas and the zombies...aaannd I'm of to sleep!

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
10-27-2012, 08:15 PM
#16
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,269
App hoarding. It's an addiction.
10-27-2012, 08:57 PM
#17
Isn't there a show about this on TV?
10-27-2012, 09:07 PM
#18
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Paranor
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Stock up on can and freezer food. Lots of happy pills. First week the hardest, I would have dove into a shitter Train Spotting style if someone trew a working magical willy wonky iTunes gift card in it. After that it gets easier and easier for every day that passes. Until you're allowed to input new payment info again. Then it all comes back. The hoarding. The madness. The...ninjas and the zombies...aaannd I'm of to sleep!
Brilliance!

@capricorn that corp would be Apple which we hold so dear
10-27-2012, 09:35 PM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
Brilliance!

@capricorn that corp would be Apple which we hold so dear
Ah yes!
I've heard that they're doing pretty good
10-28-2012, 02:30 AM
#20
Yeah, I have to admit that I do this. But it only really happens with digital games- Steam AppStore and PSN games are games that I will buy, and then not play. I think the reason behind it is Steam and the AppStore both offer games for cheap regularly, and I think with PSN, it's because I often have a plus subscription. I'm not going to lie and say I have no unplayed physical games- I have a few, but not many.