★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Guinness World Records is Out

06-19-2009, 09:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Guinness World Records is Out

[App Store Link, 4.99]

Quote:
Ready, set …COMPETE!

Challenge others across the globe for the ultimate glory - the chance to break a world record! Compete in 36 wild and wacky challenges based on real world records in your quest to become a record holder in your city, state and the whole wide world! With the in-game Gamespy engine you can post your scores online to see how you rank against other contenders in your neck of the woods and beyond. The game’s quick-fire action challenges can be played solo or in competitive multi-player. Do you have what it takes to break a world record?

- Hours and Hours of Gameplay – Unlock all challenges, post high scores to challenge your friends and make rivals across the globe
- 36 Outrageous Challenges – Crush watermelons with your head, sheer sheep or devour an entire plane!
- Revolutionary Leaderboards – Earn a system high-score and post it online to see where your rank in your state, country and even the world!
- Competitive Multiplayer – Challenge up to three friends taking turns posting high scores on one system
- In-Depth Character Customization – Transform the look of your character with new hair-styles, eye color, clothing and much, much more

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
06-19-2009, 09:22 AM
looks like a little kid game because of the graphics.....SKIP

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

06-19-2009, 10:15 AM
looks alright to me, im not so fussed about the visual style as long as the mini games are good. seems to have been received fairly well on the DS and they spent a few months tweaking it for iphone.

would love someone to TOFTT before i take tha plunge here

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
06-19-2009, 10:37 AM
It will be mine...oh yes, it will be mine. Impressions shortly.
06-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Played this on the DS and quite liked it.
Since having the iPhone I've become a complete scrooge so will hope for a price drop.
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM
I've had a chance to play this a bit more, and I really like it. It looks and sounds great, and has a really nice cartoony style to it (If you're put off by this...see above, maybe it's not for you, but I think it's great). It has pretty extensive character customization, some of which are unlockable through completing challenge points on specific events. You can play by yourself, or challenge up to 3 other players in pass-n-play modes. You can also sign up for a free game-spy account to participate in local, regional, and global record leaderboards. This is what gives the game such replayability...I am now the WORLD record bubblegum blower. I imagine this will soon fall when more players get the game, but there was something quite cool about being verified by Guinness as the world record holding iDevice gum bubble blower (say that 3 times fast). This game may be a port from the DS version, I have no idea since I never played it before, but even if it is, they seem to have done a great job. I've only had a chance to compete in 3 events so far, balloon popping, paper plane throwing, and the aforementined bubble blowing, but they have all been simple (keep this in mind, they haven't been terribly difficult so far), fun, and easy to understand with good directions given beforehand. All in all, I highly recommend this game. The price may be high for some, and if you want to wait and see about a price drop, go for it. If however, you've got an extra 5 bucks you could do much, much worse...and leave my bubble record alone!
06-19-2009, 06:23 PM
looks stupid .....
06-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGuy96 View Post
looks stupid .....
Brilliant comment, just brilliant. You must be so proud.
06-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I've had a chance to play this a bit more, and I really like it. It looks and sounds great, and has a really nice cartoony style to it (If you're put off by this...see above, maybe it's not for you, but I think it's great). It has pretty extensive character customization, some of which are unlockable through completing challenge points on specific events. You can play by yourself, or challenge up to 3 other players in pass-n-play modes. You can also sign up for a free game-spy account to participate in local, regional, and global record leaderboards. This is what gives the game such replayability...I am now the WORLD record bubblegum blower. I imagine this will soon fall when more players get the game, but there was something quite cool about being verified by Guinness as the world record holding iDevice gum bubble blower (say that 3 times fast). This game may be a port from the DS version, I have no idea since I never played it before, but even if it is, they seem to have done a great job. I've only had a chance to compete in 3 events so far, balloon popping, paper plane throwing, and the aforementined bubble blowing, but they have all been simple (keep this in mind, they haven't been terribly difficult so far), fun, and easy to understand with good directions given beforehand. All in all, I highly recommend this game. The price may be high for some, and if you want to wait and see about a price drop, go for it. If however, you've got an extra 5 bucks you could do much, much worse...and leave my bubble record alone!
If it hasnt been developed by Warner Bros I would expect you're the dev reviewing the game yourself.

It actually looks nice, but I'd like to watch a video of the gameplay.
06-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
It actually looks nice, but I'd like to watch a video of the gameplay.
The mobile version gameplay is here

Youtube link | Pop Up