Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

now everyone can play with amigapad since JB for IOS 6.1 is out.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This is amazing, looks very solid so far! Thank you maulwurf. Thank you thank you thank you.

My wish list for the future:
Screen rotation (I like to hold my iPad with the Home button on the right)
Pause / resume when pressing the Home button - extremely important! Right now it resets the Amiga!
Reversal of joystick / button position - who on Earth holds a joystick in their right hand?
Wiimote / iCade support

I also agree with pretty much all of Shikomon's post, some great points there.

Last edited by mintsauce; 02-05-2013 at 06:14 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 02:38 PM

Oh man, this got me super excited for some time, but then I realised Sensible World Of Soccer 96/97 won't boot Tried a few .adf files and didn't manage to start it. Was anyone successful with it?

These are the ones I tried:

Code:
Sensible World of Soccer '96-'97 (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr HF]74792 KiB
Sensible World of Soccer '96-'97 (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr HF][a2]60794 KiB
Sensible World of Soccer '96-'97 (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr HF][a]44793 KiB
Sensible World of Soccer '96-'97 (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 2 of 2)[cr HF]
UPDATE: Holy shit! I found one that actually works! This is amazing, thank you. If you want to play SWOS, this is the one you need:

Code:
Sensible World of Soccer (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 1 of 2).adf
Sensible World of Soccer (1996)(Renegade)(Disk 2 of 2).adf

Last edited by trnZ; 02-05-2013 at 04:34 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 03:43 AM

This works great on my iPhone 5, but the instant I go into full screen mode, I lose the directional control. I definitely look forward to updates on this!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

OMG, I didn’t know about it! I’m so glad I’ve entered this section of forum to check something about NEO.emu.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Excellent app it's the first thing I installed after jail breaking yesterday now the latest gen of stuff works

Couple of comments

Save state would be nice
Run at max speed option
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 PM

Hi,

Thanks your making making my dream a reality. I can finally play my favorite Amiga games on my iPad min. I have my own Lords of the Rising Sun, Deuteros Joan de Arc and more ADF-files.

How do I "install" the games/ADF-files in the App?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikomon View Post
I've played around with it quite a bit, these are my conclusions so far.

The mouse buttons works fine in moste circumstances but games requiring frequent use of the RMB (Cannon fodder etc) is impossible. I would suggest having the option of using a part of the bottom right screen as RMB (kind of like the joystick setup but smaller area). I would also suggest speeding up the sensitivity of the mouse, ideally so that it follows the finger, either fixed or have the possibility to set it with a slider.

There seems to be a general issue with some resolutions which makes smaller text hard to read, or some games to crap out completely when they try to change to certain resolutions or graphic modes. There is one specific "error" that's present in a few games which makes the colors disappear from the left most part of the screen, ca 2cm and move it to the right. Hill street blues and The Clue are examples of this.

As for suggestions, one obvious is AGA support etc. I wouldn't mind being able to add floppy drives, and to empty the floppy drive. I recall some games on Winuae going nuts if they don't recognize the drive as empty some times when changing (cant recall specific games).

All in all it is a really good emulator and I am very hopeful about it's future. Sounds are working great so far and Controls works good for most games. There of course are issues with games that use mousa and keyboard or kb and joystick etc. I am however really impressed with it and can't decide How I feel about not being able to do any configuration. I used to have different setups in Winuae, wiith x fastmem, chip etc etc. I Think it might be an idea in the future to include certain fixed setyps to choose between. I recall Roots of amiga at least used to have which WinUAE setups worked best with an individual game.

Tried a few games, is there a central list with compatible games?

Super Cars 2: Doesn't work, crashes/graphic glitches
Battle Isle : works
B.A.T. : Works, can't get RMB to work properly
Covert Action : works
Space Crusade : Works
Mega-Lo Mania : Nope, Doesn't get past black screen.
Battle Tech : works
Cannon Fodder : Works, not practical with RMB
Deuteros : Crashes AmigaPad instantly
Flashback : seemed to work, didn't have passcodes for copy protection
Guild of thieves : Semi, Major graphic issues, unplayable but starts.
It Came from the desert : Starts and looks ok, cant get the game to go past first message.
Lords of the Rising sun : Black screen after insert reel 2. get some activity on the lights but nothing else.
King of Chicago : Works
Millenium 2.2 : Crashes Amiga Pad, either after cracktro or directly
Nitro : Semi, starts to intro pic then loops
Nuclear War : Works
Oil Imperium : Works
Pinball Dreams : Works
Pinball Fantasies : Works
The Settlers : Works
Space Hulk : Works
Donald duck's playground : No, Causes software error
Hill street blues : Starts and looks like it's working but some graphic offset and cant get past rookie patrols
Empire War game of the century : Seems to stop after intro screen, some graphic offset. (same as HSB)
Deja Vu : Works fine but have issues with interface, cant move items from objects to inventory.
Flood : Seems to hang with cyan screen after cracktro
Chuck Rock : Works
Champions of krynn : Works
The Clue : Works but some graphic offset, same as HSB (Leftmost part is not colored in correctly)
Deflektor : Works
DreamWeb : Works
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM

ok, here's what I did; I installed SSH on my iPad mini using Cydia. Logged in to my mini iPad form my Macbook Air using Filezilla FTP client (its support SSH protocol). then I transferred my Amiga games (ADF files) to: /private/var/stash/Applications.IOFmG7/AmigaPad.app/Games.. and voila! the newly transferred games are successfully recognised Amigapad.

I tried Lord of the Rising Sun and here's how it works...for me at least:

2 fingers touching the screen = Left Mouse button: moves the mouse cursor
3 fingers touching the screen = Right Mouse button

-Moving the Mouse around works fine. Right-clicking on units works fine.
-Left clicking on units as to move it on the map is not always responsive...one has to try several times...
-Scrolling the map left-right works fine by left clicking the swan head on each side of the map
-Its possible to enter the Save menu, but saving the game is not possible. I'd say its because we cannot insert an empty ADF-Disk (file) in any of the floppy drives...

Going to try Deuteros and Jeanne d' Arc next...
Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

@h0mbre: you can add more games by using tools like ifunbox or iexplorer. just copy your adf files into the folder //Applications/AmiaPad/Games

@ALL:

SAVEGAMES: you can always create a blank floppy with Winuae and upload this empty ADF-Disk to your games folder ( use above mentioned method )
Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm View Post
@h0mbre: you can add more games by using tools like ifunbox or iexplorer. just copy your adf files into the folder //Applications/AmiaPad/Games

@ALL:

SAVEGAMES: you can always create a blank floppy with Winuae and upload this empty ADF-Disk to your games folder ( use above mentioned method )
thanks, will try that.