★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tyler Curran
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 25.3 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *Special Introductory Price*
Download Titania for free!

*Coming Soon*
The next update will introduce several new features such as ship customization, social network integration a graphical overhaul.

Titania is a throwback to the era of Gradius coupled with the innovations of the runner genre. While flying through the interstellar Atebit highway, you encounter several unknown spacecraft heading your way. Not wanting to risk diplomacy (or, you know, just ignore them) you decide to arm your ships blaster and fight. Can you survive against the docile* nemesis and save the galaxy?

Simply slide your finger up and down on the screen to guide the ship, while the acronym-less-guided-plasma-system fires plasma bombs. Remember, always keep your eyes open for special power ups and temporary boosts.

Highlights
Single button movement and firing allows for beginner players to enjoy the game, while the plasma energy mechanic and power up manipulation provides depth for the experienced crowd.
Supports Game Center leaderboards.
Procedural aesthetics and generated ship patterns ensure a different gameplay scenario each time you hit the retry button.
From the chip tunes to the sprites to the ludicrous backstory, this game is a love letter to the godfathers of the shmup genre.
Future updates will introduce achievements, ship customization, and additional modes.
So what are you waiting for? Try it out.

*seriously...they were just minding their own business...I mean...whats wrong with you?!

Tofudude's comments:
Okay, I read the rules and I don't think I am doing anything wrong by posting about my own game (I apologize if I am) Anyways...hello. My name is Tyler and I just released my first game on the app store. The game is called "Titania" and it started out as an experiment. Take the basic mechanics of a NES era shmup and transfer them to something that I could easily play on the iPhone. I tried to emulate the graphical style of an 8-bit game, although I'll be the first to admit that I am no artist . I added in the procedural color schemes in an attempt to give the game some visual variety and flair.

I would really appreciate it if you left your feedback or reported bugs in this thread. I am open to suggestions and I have a few updates planned for the down the road (I think it could be interesting to add a way to customize your ship and change the way the game is played).

Here is Titania's app store page

Thanks!
10-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Just rushed to download and play this, only to discover it requires iOS 5. Oh well, that sucks.
10-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't even think of that. I just sent version 1.01 (it adds iOS 4.0 support). I hope you will still want to try it.

Last edited by Tofudude; 10-29-2012 at 06:42 PM.
10-29-2012, 08:51 PM
I really appreciate that, and yes, I'm looking forward to trying it for sure.