★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Kid games

11-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Kid games

Looking for a list of games for kids. You know, those restaurant time wasters that keep em quiet for a little while:

Clara - Clara is a simple kids game. A sound is played and the goal is to tap the right picture.

Zoo Box - ZooBox is a simple yet addictive application that displays 21 funny pictures of animals. Just rotate the iPhone to trigger each animal's sound.

Boomshine - Boomshine is an addictive casual game. Touch the screen to start a chain reaction and try to explode as many dots as needed to pass a level.

iZoo Free - experience the sights and sounds of dozens of wondrous animals

Disney Fairies Fly! - Fly with the Fairies through Pixie Hollow in the Disney Fairies Fly!

RhinoBall - Straight from Walt Disney Pictures new animated comedy BOLT, Rhino the hamster is on a roll and trying to get to his favorite TV super dog as fast as he can

Kids Game Pack (used to be free)

Did I miss any, or anyone have any other suggestions?
11-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to JuncoPartner
We are working on a very simple educational/quiz game aimed at children, powered by our Inquizitor Engine, but it wont be ready unfortunately until the new year

I have had great experience letting 3year olds and up play around with the free iDoodle, they absolutely love it. To a lesser extent Koi Pond has kept them quiet!

11-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Shameful plug but only as I have 2 kids (age 4 and 6) who seem to enjoy them (and the ideal testers!):

- uSnap! They'll happily spend a long time playing this in restaurants, car etc. etc. Very simple to use and amusing music.
- iChoose Whilst not directly a game, they take great joy in thinking there is a little man in my iPhone when they ask it 'iChoose, should daddy buy us some sweets','iPhone, should we be allowed some ice-cream'.....it's quite amusing seeing them shout into the phone thinking it can hear them!
- MyChristmas contains Christmas match (or pairs) that they love playing against each other. It's very simple and even my little 4 year can complete it which he take great joy in.

---------------------------->
Nessy at TaleeTalee

Games & Apps so far

iChoose
MyChristmas
uSnap!
utopia Solitaire (cough, soon!)

Last edited by Talee; 11-30-2008 at 09:47 AM. Reason: I forgot Christmas! Shame on me!
11-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Many children I know enjoy playing (my game) Scoops. Most children enjoy ice cream.
11-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I think Cowabunga falls into this category.
11-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Bugz!
11-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Try snap and animalsnap...they are free. All the kids have 2 do is wait until they see 2 of the same animal and touch their side of the ipod to win ----played this alot as a kid now you dont need cards ----cant wait for old maid to come out!
12-02-2008, 05:30 PM
My kids really like Trivial Memory and Kittypuzzle and they get a kick out of Scribble. Their current favorite is the Disney Fairies Fly game, but you had mentioned that.
12-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Alien Choir looks interesting for younger kids

I don't have kids, so I haven't picked this one up, but I was searching for something yesterday and came across Alien Choir. And immediately thought of this thread!

This is the description:

Take control of your very own intergalactic singing troupe.

Comprising of 7 aliens from all over the universe, the Alien Choir is looking for a new conductor. Do you think you are up to the challenge?

The Alien Choir was founded on Reusu's home planet Helmoria and soon became famous across the universe as the leading multi-species septet dance-choir group.

As the new conductor, you have complete control. Play the aliens and bend their pitch by tilting the device.

-Each Alien sings a different spacey note
-Accelerometer controlled pitch bending
-A selection of different background beats
-Profiles for all 7 Aliens
-Great fun for the young and the young at heart

I don't know how to do a link to the iTunes store, but here is their website:
http://www.smudgeapps.com/Alien_Choir.html

Also I've played Bugz and can confirm it looks cute and is very easy to play. Kids should like that one. Also Scoops is fun to play (and what kid doesn't like ice-cream?)
12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risc1 View Post
Bugz!
I agree, Bugz looks much better and is more kid friendly than boomshine. It's the same idea, where you have to set off a chain reaction, but it's a bunch of cute little bugs that walk around and eventually little flowers fly around, slowing down the bugs. I think it's a great game, and for only $1 it's much better than boomshine. Menu would look very friendly to little kids and you can have multiple save files for each of your kids (so they don't argue about ruining their game or something), and they can compare scores