★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In Churning Seas is a hypnotic, physics-based arcade/puzzle game filled with lore. It features two different game modes which will challenge your ability to quickly make clever decisions under pressure (in "Build" mode), and to carefully plan the short and long-term consequences of your actions (in "Crystallize" mode).

"Taken with its beguilingly gentle, offbeat tone, it's a game that can sap a surprising amount of your time."
- Pocker Gamer

"It's hard to express how wonderful this hypnotic and unusual building/physics game is..."
- Lavender, Touch Arcade Member

"Impressive graphics and gameplay. It's a great casual balancing game with a creepy soundtrack. Instantly fell in love with it."
- Wristtattoo, Touch Arcade Member.

"Found this game by accident and now it's one of the best I've every played. So much fun and very addictive!"
- BritainGreen on the App Store

In Churning Seas features two game modes "Build" & "Crystallize":

In "Build mode", you'll use your reflexes to cleverly build the highest island possible by staking up random rocks. Using some shapes as levers and others as counterweights, thinking fast, and strategically spending sparse special-effect tokens, your goal is to build a safe, sound structure and climb as high as possible before the ever-rising seas catch up on you.

In "Crystallize mode", you'll instead have all the time you need to plan how to use the laws of physics to best combine specifically numbered rocks into their highest possible value. As you progress, the simple rules to crystallize rocks will soon lead to a thrilling tension.

In both cases, please do note that hostile seas are no joke. They will test your sharp reflexes, clever planning, and determination.

In Churning Seas features five previously unreleased instrumental versions of songs by Nick Grey ( http://nick-grey.com)

In Churning Seas is a universal app, it is best played on iPhone 5s and up, as well as iPad Air (2013 model) and up

Contact us on twitter at @boucastral or by email at boucastral@gmail.com
05-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks Pete!

You can (and should) also listen to Nick Grey's haunting soundtrack for In Churning Seas:
http://nickgrey.bandcamp.com/album/i...oundtrack-2015

Cheers!

05-28-2015, 06:51 AM
Why not iPhone T_T
05-28-2015, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythan View Post
Why not iPhone T_T
The developer said iPhone support is going to come in an update. This game is an excellent chill out experience. The music and atmosphere are spot on. It's very challenging and it leaves you with the just one more time feeling.
05-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Thank you very much indeed!

Yes, the game will be made Universal in our next update. Should take a few weeks as I really want the FPS to be constant on as many devices as possible, but we'll get there soon

Glad you liked it!

Cheers,

Rodolphe

Last edited by Bouc Astral Productions; 05-28-2015 at 11:19 AM.
05-28-2015, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouc Astral Productions View Post
Thank you very much indeed!

Yes, the game will be made Universal in our next update. Should take a few weeks as I really want the FPS to be constant on as many devices as possible, but we'll get there soon

Glad you liked it!

Cheers,

Rodolphe
Really looking forward to the universal update. Please make a portrait mode?

Last edited by vectorarchitekt; 05-28-2015 at 04:45 PM.
05-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Really looking forward to the universal update. Please make a portrait mode?
+1 to this. Looks cool and I'll be waiting on the universal update (hopefully in portrait mode)

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
05-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Here are some screen shots from next update running on iPhone. The iPhone version will be portrait mode only, and the iPad will be both portrait and landscape. I can't promise a release date as of yet as I have to take care of some other stuff first, including a geography conference next week, just like the poor geographer in the game's little "death screen" story

Last edited by Bouc Astral Productions; 05-29-2015 at 05:01 AM.
05-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Cool, really glad to hear it...been playing, almost got to the 2nd height marker. Lots of great little touches on this one.
06-08-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm surprised this game's not getting more attention. Great minimalistic style with impressive soundtrack, solid physics, smooth score-chasing gameplay and GameCenter implementation makes it pretty much perfect game. I missed it during its launch week as well. It certainly deserves some recognition. If you're fan of 99 Bricks Wizard Academy, this is a must-have game for you. And for its asking price it's pretty much no-brainer. Highly recommended!

Game Center -> macplash
feel free to send me friend request