★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Winner of Pocket Gamer's Big Indie Pitch at AppsWorld, 2014!

"POLYGANIC mixes together shades of Geometry Wars, an endless runner, and an arcade dodge-'em-up to great effect". (Pocket Gamer)

POLYGANIC, the twitch runner with a twist!

It is an addictive twitch dodge 'em up based on shapes and colour where obstacles must be avoided to survive. The twist? The player doesn't control the polygon, but moves the obstacles instead!

Features:

- A new 'side' for the endless runner mechanic!
- Collectable coins, 'near-miss' multipliers and psychedelic visuals.
- 8-bit graphics with high intense chiptune.
- Unlockable shapes, modes and more.
- Play it your way (featuring left handed mode, custom settings, etc).
- Local and online hi-scores with achievements on the way!

Reflexes will truly be tested as the polygon flies with a manic mind of it's own. Levels will increase in difficulty, speed, colour and more depending on the shape and how many sides it has, so navigating each level won't be easy. Better 'shape' up!

jamielliottg's comments:
Hey guys!

I have just published my indie game POLYGANIC to the App Store, winner of Pocket Gamer's big indie pitch back in November!
(http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=62550)

POLYGANIC is an addictive twitch dodge 'em up based on shapes and colour where obstacles must be avoided to survive. The twist? The player doesn't control the polygon, but moves the obstacles instead!

I'd really appreciate it you could check it out, and any feedback would be even sweeter. I'm actually working on an update right now, so now is the perfect time for suggestions! Any questions, ask away!

Thanks guys!

www.polyganic.com
www.facebook.com/fluffstuffstudios
www.twitter.com/fluffstuffs

12-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Fun game but dont understand lives, they dont seem to do anything

12-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Fun game but dont understand lives, they dont seem to do anything
Thanks for trying it out! Lives are used for chances. If you choose 2 lives, you have 2 chances in a single run. When you lose one of your lives, thr polygon will be moved to the middle of the screen with a small timeout before your next life begins.

To know how many lives you have left, just look at the polygon on the percent bar and how many there are
12-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Yea, saw it now when I tried 3 lives, however 2 lives button wont work at all for me. Sometimes it actually moves down everytime I push it....
12-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Yea, saw it now when I tried 3 lives, however 2 lives button wont work at all for me. Sometimes it actually moves down everytime I push it....
Really? Just tested it myself and seems to be working. You sure you have enough polycoins? if not, you can collect them in game. Collect 9 in a row to fill the meter at the top of the screen to get a huge coin combo!

Thanks for trying it out!

Last edited by jamielliottg; 12-24-2014 at 09:16 AM.
12-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Well, if I managed to buy 3 lives I think I couldve bought 2.....
12-24-2014, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Oh right yeah haha. 2 lives cost half the amount of 3 on each level.

An update on the way modifies these prices a bit and also adds other cool stuff like game centre support
12-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Ah! I misread what you meant. You had enough coins to afford 2, but 2 wasn't working - only 3. I've not been able to reproduce the issue, but I'll do a bit of work tonight to see if I can find/fix it. Thanks for the help
01-05-2015, 05:30 AM
Game Center support added for you competitive folk out there
01-05-2015, 06:10 AM
This reminds me of Zlider, a puzzler from 2011 where you controlled the walls as a meteor moved toward the exit. Unfortunately that ceased to be on the App Store in 2013

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins