★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Keep our crappiness hush hush, don't want to lose sales before it goes live! Sounds like a plan to me, grab the poor people's money for the first day or two.
10-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
2K is now asking me to remove all of our video from the site as we're breaking their embargo. It's telling that they want to keep this game a secret with an embargo that isn't up until 9 hours after the game is released in the US.
And what's to stop some random YouTube'r from making their own videos in the US within an hour of it being released? Sounds like they're just trying to stamp out any bad press.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

10-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
2K is now asking me to remove all of our video from the site as we're breaking their embargo. It's telling that they want to keep this game a secret with an embargo that isn't up until 9 hours after the game is released in the US.
LOL... they dont want people to know it's crap before they purchase it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
And what's to stop some random YouTube'r from making their own videos in the US within an hour of it being released? Sounds like they're just trying to stamp out any bad press.
Lets just push it thru, by the time anyone notices it'll be to late...Shady
10-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Here's an idea, maybe they shouldn't have released it in NZ first then. That's just BS.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm guessing this isn't a good game then. That's pretty damn disappointing. Back to Borderlands on the 360 then.. Will keep an eye out for more impressions and reviews across the web though.

Twitter: @back2this
10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
One thing we know about the touch arcade, community. Word spreads quickly to iOS gamers. 2k can try and hide how bad the game is but we all know.
10-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Why is this bad? Just looks like a watered down Battlehearts clone with Borderlands characters.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
10-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
an embargo that isn't up until 9 hours after the game is released in the US.
Wow, it's bad enough that it's already out in other parts of the world but NINE hours after release in the U.S.???? They want those 9 hours of sales before the press crushes it. And that's sad.
10-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
This game needs so much more than a simple update. If you want to support the franchise, gift the real game to a friend on Steam or something.
You're right, but man, I'm really torn here. Gifting Borderlands 2 on steam is almost like a validation that, "we shouldn't have tried...see, we told you that these games won't work on the mobile platform". The catch is, they give us CRAP and tell us that it's cake and we should be HAPPY to eat it. Sadly, if we don't stuff our mouths with it, they interpret that as "we don't want it", and stop trying.

Conversely, hell, buying this says, "Man you guys are awesome and this is EXACTLY what we want."

It's disturbing that the wall between developer and audience is so huge. It's like, unless sites like yours advocates for the fans - which even then is a filtered opinion - there's no way to express that this idea *IS* good but the execution is so damnably piss-poor. We DO want an open world twin-stick Borderlands with random loot drops. We DO want an X-Com ish Borderlands that's more strategy-focused. We DO want Borderlands mobile that doesn't try to be an FPS, but plays to the strengths of the touch device.

What we DO NOT want is a really half-assed thoughtless experience that will be inevitably used as a barometer by 2K Games of success on the platform.
Your TA Plays: Borderlands Legends reveals a game that pleases NOONE, which is the worst crime of all since our dollars are so much louder than any message board post...

...but so f'n contradictory to the message that we'd really like to deliver.

Ugh.

So torn.