★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Yeah, Sanuku, spill!

DBC
There might be great games on the horizon which have gotten no mention anywhere. It happens. Scroll through the appstore. You might surprise yourself.
10-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkieSuthorn View Post
And Bravo.

That is the point, people commenting on "sucky gameplay", and they don't have it.
I didn't comment on the gameplay, I said I wished it was iPhone 5 optimized.

10-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yeah... so far, we dont have anything else that's announced to be a contender for GotW.

I cant believe im going to say this, but i think i'm looking forward more to playing Angry Birds Star Wars more than this.
Remebmber Blood Roofs dropping on a Sunday night? Forget the hype. This is what hype leads to. I understand the need for marketing, but be a bit more curious; who knows what unkown (100000000 ring a bell?) game drops.
10-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Remebmber Blood Roofs dropping on a Sunday night? Forget the hype. This is what hype leads to. I understand the need for marketing, but be a bit more curious; who knows what unkown (100000000 ring a bell?) game drops.
Blood roofs is blah I like agent dash better
10-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Dood.. Get Battleheart, you will love it.
Maybe get it. I deleted it within 10 minutes. static playing fields, linear mission progress, little depth regarding strategy...I'm not saying I thought it was going to be The Operation Art of War, but I still think that Battleheart suffers from a bit too much hype. Maybe it's becuase I've never played an MMO, never liked the real time/turn-based hybrid battle systems in Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, etc...dunno. Just seemed like a flash game to me.
10-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Maybe get it. I deleted it within 10 minutes. static playing fields, linear mission progress, little depth regarding strategy...I'm not saying I thought it was going to be The Operation Art of War, but I still think that Battleheart suffers from a bit too much hype. Maybe it's becuase I've never played an MMO, never liked the real time/turn-based hybrid battle systems in Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, etc...dunno. Just seemed like a flash game to me.
So does zombieville and the reason why is tithe art style from alien homid is used also gamevil used castle crashers game style in colessum
10-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetruck94 View Post
It always comes down to opinion. The good folks over on the gearbox forums have made a good point, that it doesn't really matter what the reviewers think. Think about it this way: a triple a title comes out. People have been hyped about this game for 2 years and it finally releases. A reviewer gives it a low score. Nevertheless, thousands of people buy the game and love it. Even though your favorite reviewer gave the game a bad score, you decide to buy it, since all your friends love it. After playing for a while, you realize that its a good game and that had it not been for the masses, you wouldn't have bought it. Granted, in this case the controls may be clunky, but what if they fix that? Everyone who saw the game on ign knew it was a battleheart-like game and not many people disliked the idea.
A triple-A title EARNS the A's. Your definition reminds me John Romero's (cofounder of Id, then founded Ion Storm) Daikatana. Or Ultima 9. Just because a game is being closely followed doesn't guarantee AAA status (I hate the term AAA, most games labeled as such I find boring).

Were you around in the Usenet days? If you were, then you know that the greatest game designer in history is Derrek Smart and the greatest most important game in History is Battlecruiser 3000 AD. Too bad publishers sabotaged it .
10-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Blood roofs is blah I like agent dash better
I could use other examples, that was just a recent one.
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
I could use other examples, that was just a recent one.
Just saying. The game was ok but laggy
10-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
So does zombieville and the reason why is tithe art style from alien homid is used also gamevil used castle crashers game style in colessum
Well...not sure what you're saying, but I never liked Zombieville. Or Castle Crashers...the popularity of that game really puzzled me...a whole lot of attention payed to an Xbox Live Arcade Side Scroller that could have probably been done in Flash. To me, the side-scrolling pinnacle was reached over a decade ago with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and I just can't get jazzed over a game like Castle Crashers.

I also don't care for Plants vs Zombies. Or Trenches. Or Fieldrunners. I really can't stand Castle Defense games. I've moved divisions, nay, armies across the sea, over the highest mountains...my units becoming battle hardened veterans, my Generals worshipped like the Norse gods of old! But towers...why not blockade the damn road the enemy is on, mowing them down in the crossfire?

I guess I'm saying I can be a bit of a TA contrarian regarding the relative meris of games.