Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-31-2012, 05:14 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex Blade View Post
Normally I would agree with you but Borderlands literally screams twin stick shooter on a handheld device.

Something like the Jugde Dredd twin stick shooter would of been better that this game
Yep agree with that, would have made a great twin stick shooter. Good point above as well about 'seeming' to avoid major review sites, i was surprised there werent more previews/videos etc about this game, all seemed quite late on. Does seem to be sadly just cashing in on the Borderlands game and treating us like we're idiots. Reminds me of the late 90's when mobile games were popular, so many were terrible and just cashed in on the name of the app.

This game doesnt seem to be terrible, as in a 1/5 review or that, BUT it could have been so much more.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:52 AM

One thing I did enjoy was the Borderlands ambient theme, just for balance.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:08 AM
iPad mini 2

And here is the Danish review from yours truly.

http://www.gamereactor.dk/anmeldelse...egends/?page=2

3/10 because it looks kind of nice. Eli wasn't exagurating.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:14 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrobotix View Post
So I don't have the game, but rather than just trash it with everyone else and talk about how disappointing it is, Im gonna attempt to steer this conversation towards ideas to fix what appears to be a horribly broken game.

I'll start with the healing system. Strategy should revolve around placing the hunters in strategic cover points, not just huddling them together. So what if the healing mechanic was replaced with a timed respawn? Have it be long enough that it will impact the player, but also short enough where the player can survive without the full party for a short time, unless multiple hunters go down at once. This would remove all incentive to keep hunters together, as it would force players to be more careful with their party members. Also, increase the defense bonus for members in cover and improve path finding into cover to encourage players to use cover more. Even if thwy have to designate slots in each cover area that players can command hunters to occupy, it would still ne better than the existing system. This wouldnt be too bad to add in either (second wind could stay too) and would dramatically improve gameplay.

I'm gonna follow this game. If there's a sale, or a major update, I'm going to bite. I need to get my pandora fix, and the Internet radio just isn't cutting it.
I like where you are trying to steer this thread, but there are a few things that concern me on why I think you might be wasting your time....
1. The first screenshots for this only appeared last week as far as I can tell... most companies with a major franchise spin offs would have been messaging this months ago to build up hype and interest.... none of this happened.
2. Embargo on reviews.... if there was enough preview content available, then you might understand this to prevent spoilers... definitely not the case. This was to prevent the type of feedback we are seeing... they wanted people to buy it and then complain.
3. No Dev feedback on the title to refute the issues or to talk about updates.

Everything here tells me that development on this title probably started late, the only struggle was to get through approval to make the game available around the same time as the PS3 and x360 version to rider the wave of hype.

I would dearly loved to be proved wrong, but all the signs are there to cash in and move on.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I bought the game today.
Its suck alot compare to borderland 2 i played on 360.
Waste of my money...
Old 10-31-2012, 06:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
And here is the Danish review from yours truly.

http://www.gamereactor.dk/anmeldelse...egends/?page=2

3/10 because it looks kind of nice. Eli wasn't exagurating.
So touch arcade gave it a higher rating, lol.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatriaNeoCPS View Post
I bought the game today.
Its suck alot compare to borderland 2 i played on 360.
Waste of my money...
Ayup, that's a real apples to apples compare right there.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
I be strategic. I don't just huddle up the vault hunters and then do nothing for the rest of the 6-10 minutes, I tend to put mordedai at the back, because he's a sniper, brick at the front because he's massive, can absorb a lot of bullets and has a shotgun. Then I have lilith and Roland in the middle, and only move them around when someone downs.
This is how I'd like to play it when I get it. Without any other choice, we as players just have to have a positive attitude about it and fix the game ourselves; make up our own rules. It's not like there's any other Borderlands game out there
Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Ign review is up they gave it a 6.5
That's basically a 1 out of 10 on anyone else's scale.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Ign is biased I bet they kissed ass in the review a bit they said intresting controls as a plus I say they should have given the game a 3 and those three points are from the intro lol
You're upset that IGN gave Borderlands Legends a 6.5? A very 'meh' score? I know based on TA's and IGN's review Borderlands is a pass for me. Maybe if it drops to 99 cents or free I'll get it.