Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well think it was a great night for games last night.

Think this is my favourite, bought it at midnight and was playing it tons, then realised it was 2am and i better get to bed !

If you're a fan of old skool shooters like Jackal in the arcades you'll love this. Instead of a jeep in Jackal, you're in a tank. You can crush walls, run over soldiers (and sheep !), blow up buildings, upgrade your tank and weapons. Its brilliant.

I love twin stick shooters but as this ones WW2 its great. 24 missions apparently, i've done the first 3 but i've really taken my time with it. Theres primary and secondary objectives, plus if you find 5 hidden plans on every level you get bonuses.

There are IAP's but so far i've got a lot of gold/victory points and like i say i'm taking my time with the levels, really enjoying them. Had some great battles so far and its still early days yet.

For the price this games brilliant, best twin stick shooter i've played in a long time. Like i say imagine an old skool Commando/Ikari Warriors/Mercs/Jackal type of game but in a tank. A lot of fun 5/5
Old 11-01-2012, 05:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Looks good and would have been all over this were it not for the IAP.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Looks good and would have been all over this were it not for the IAP.
Doesnt mean every single game is ruined by IAP, dont you play Bullet Time then ? Or Punch Quest ? Even though Punch Quest is free is that ruined by the IAP's?

Dont get me wrong some games are obviously ruined by IAP's but give some a chance, its not always the case.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:36 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Doesnt mean every single game is ruined by IAP, dont you play Bullet Time then ? Or Punch Quest ? Even though Punch Quest is free is that ruined by the IAP's?

Dont get me wrong some games are obviously ruined by IAP's but give some a chance, its not always the case.
I'm sold on Commando and Ikari Warriors. Downloading now.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
I'm sold on Commando and Ikari Warriors. Downloading now.
Let me know what you think, honestly i'm loving just taking my time on the level and smashing /blowing everything up. You also get some points at the end for the destruction on a level.

But yeah the more i think about it it reminds me more and more of when you get in a tank in Ikari Warriors and start ploughing into soldiers or avoiding mines (theres also mines in this game).

The graphics are great, small touches like leaving tracks in the fields are great, smashing through walls/bales of hay add to it. Theres also some obstructions you cant get through - i remember seeing this in WW2 documentaries, loads of concrete posts so tanks couldnt get through.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Psj,

I was about to hit "Buy" it wanted to know first if there are timed objectives? If so, could you hazard a guess as to what percentage (although it may be too early for you to make this determination). My quick scrub of Sanuku's vid doesn't show any, but I want to be certain.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Psj,

I was about to hit "Buy" it wanted to know first if there are timed objectives? If so, could you hazard a guess as to what percentage (although it may be too early for you to make this determination). My quick scrub of Sanuku's vid doesn't show any, but I want to be certain.
Well i've done the first 3 missions and so far theres no timed objectives. I mean i've taken my time on all 3, gone round demolishing every building/wall i can find (as theres hidden 'plans' in some) and killed practically every enemy.

There is one objective on i think its mission 2 where theres a supply convoy so you want to try and blow them all up before they disappear (off screen), another one on mission 3 where theres a convoy of tanks you need to blow up. I think its a secondary mission.

So if you dont blow up the convoy in time and they go off screen then the secondary mission is failed. But you can carry on playing, you just dont have as many points once you complete the mission.

I spent about 10 minutes on the first and second level just 'exploring' hidden areas of the map i hadnt looked at. Perhaps in later levels you might need to kill something in a certain amount of time but so far you dont
Old 11-01-2012, 07:18 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Thanks for your quick response. There is one pic appearing to be a timed objective but overall it doesn't seem very prevalent. Hopefully a dev can chime in and confirm or correct. but, so far I like what you've said about how in most of the levels you've come across, you've been taking your time taking down the enemies.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:26 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

I've only just played the tutorial and have to say I like what I see. I remember Jackal now too. Commando coin-op in a tank. I'll be trying that on iMame tonight. This games seems great and reminds me a bit on Blast Corps from the N64 which was one of favourite games if not the favourite on that console. Good call, psj - looking forward to playing this later.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Yep just checked out the screenshots. Looks like there is one (i'm sure a few more) timed objective, the ones i've come across so far like i say are secondary objectives.

The variety of missions could be good then if later on theres a timed one (or two) where you have to destroy something in a certain amount of time. As long as theyre not all like that.

I'm on the 4th mission now and each mission is taking a fair bit of time which is good. In total theres meant to be 24 so for a few dollars i'm getting my moneys worth for sure