Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-31-2012, 10:47 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
RedLynx on iOS = Insta-suspicion.
True that. Theu start off fine usially, then get updated to a freemium model.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Early impressions for those on the fence:

Controls are simple and mainly involve swiping to speed up or slow down. The goal is to get all your fluffies safely to the end of the coaster ride, collecting as many hearts as you can along the way. Some of the hearts are off the track and collecting them require the right speed and acceleration. I have played this for an hour so far and it is not too challenging yet to get all your riders to the end, but collecting the majority of hearts along the way can be tricky.

There is some loading delays in startup and in new levels, but it is acceptable. The game seems to have a freemium model to it where you can purchase coins, but it is too early to judge whether what you in earn in game is enough to progress easily. A least early on, there is no grinding needed.

There seems to be a good deal of variety in the tracks, carts and riders. There is good Game Center leaderboard support, but only seven achievements. The game is fun so far and I will certainly get my buck's worth of entertainment from it.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wish I watched Sanuku's video before buying...this is the definition of a freemium game. Deleted.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 AM

Dang it ubisoft! Stop working on freemium stuff and give us M&M Clash of Heroes!!!

... Ugh
Old 11-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Wish I watched Sanuku's video before buying...this is the definition of a freemium game. Deleted.
Somebody tell Ubisoft that please. They're selling the game with a price-tag!! (as opposed to free for a freemium game).

Jokes aside, is this that bad? I stay away from freemium/paymium crap from a mile, so help would be needed.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Somebody tell Ubisoft that please. They're selling the game with a price-tag!! (as opposed to free for a freemium game).

Jokes aside, is this that bad? I stay away from freemium/paymium crap from a mile, so help would be needed.
I'm being completely honest when I say I didn't even give the game a chance, but when you have to spend coins you earn while playing to do everything (whether it's unlock new levels or assign certain characters to slots), it's eerily similar to paying to bypass long wait-times (whatever they're called) in social farming games, or whatever. The only difference is, with those social games, if you wait, you can progress...here you're forced to fork over your coins. Now, it's nothing serious (2 coins to assign 1 person to a seat on your 'coaster...if you **** up and restart, you'll have to pay again, mind you), but I'm totally, totally against that model...whether it's generous or not.

This game should've been free from the get-go and even if it was, I wouldn't come close to it. You live and learn...and I've learnt to avoid RedLynx games on iOS, to be honest. Sure, that's a pretty harsh statement, but it seems like their games have a special way to encourage buying IAPs. It was very noticeable when upgrading in MotoHeroz and it's the same here.

Last edited by metalcasket; 11-01-2012 at 03:41 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Actually I am sad with this. Ray man jungle run. Was a great premium game with no IAPs. I hope ubisoft still sees a premium market.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Actually I am sad with this. Ray man jungle run. Was a great premium game with no IAPs. I hope ubisoft still sees a premium market.
Well, technically it's not Ubisoft.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:52 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 6.x

Well, that's disappointing. I wonder what Sanaku's take on the game is..? I guess I'll stick this on the wish list for now, and wait for some reviews.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
You're constantly forced to spend coins to earn more hearts, which makes this game feel like it leans a bit too heavily on in-app purchases.
This and MC review turned me off

Quote from SlideToPlay