Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Downloadin... Takin this game for a spin (pun intended).
Know you've been playing a bunch of other stuff but any impressions on this one yet?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:49 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Moustache View Post
As the developer, it is cool to see people exited about the game, we sure are!

Don't be afraid of the price, it is a quality game and everything available for free - except some of the more special skins which you don't really need.

Doubler helps - and I will surely get it myself - but it is no way needed. Those that want to take it slower, can wait for daily quests to get some nice coin boosts. Also, very much can be achieved by playing through all the content.

Good to hear you like the controls! We did all we could to make them great. The option for relative joystick will be added in the next update that is already waiting for approval.

The framerate on iPad 3 is something we will have to look into. SpinCraft is tested on the supported devices, but we might have missed something. There is always room for improvement! It should work really smoothly on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPad 2 at least. I am using iPhone 4 myself.

Let us know if there are any problems and I can promise you, they will be fixed asap!

- Heikki
Hold on a minute here...of your the developer, do you really need to "get" a doubler? Don't tell me Bulkypix is making you buy your own iaps!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Took this for a spin and it's promising. But the joystick controls are kind of frustrating. It's floaty and the movement is just sort of wonky in general. I guess it's part of the little flying saucer design but in a platformer like this, it just is a little annoying. Maybe it takes some getting used to.

The level design is actually really well done. I like how it's more open and not as linear as other games like this.

Played the first five levels so far and they seem to get bigger and more complex, but with 20 levels, it may be on the short side.

All that said, it's free to check out so no harm in giving it a try.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:53 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Hold on a minute here...of your the developer, do you really need to "get" a doubler? Don't tell me Bulkypix is making you buy your own iaps!
You can't "award" IAPs via promo codes or anything like that, so in the end developers have to buy them themselves.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:06 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
I like your location
Noticed yours too ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Took this for a spin and it's promising. But the joystick controls are kind of frustrating. It's floaty and the movement is just sort of wonky in general. I guess it's part of the little flying saucer design but in a platformer like this, it just is a little annoying. Maybe it takes some getting used to.

The level design is actually really well done. I like how it's more open and not as linear as other games like this.

Played the first five levels so far and they seem to get bigger and more complex, but with 20 levels, it may be on the short side.

All that said, it's free to check out so no harm in giving it a try.
Did you try changing the control size through options? It usually helps!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Well another great game from last night. Found the controls very good, plus its great theyve got an option to move the position, make the main controller smaller/larger etc.

And before the IAP brigade start there are IAP's but 'so far' i havent needed to get any. As the games free i bought the coin doubler to get rid of the ads/plus the devs get something.

Love the way the game looks so far, makes a nice change from standard 'platform' games. Really impressed with it, nice to hear the dev is talking about more levels at a later date.

Well worth picking up, impressive game
Old 11-01-2012, 05:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Documents and data find under iCloud configuration menu for that game. Bu sync accross devices seems not work. It's a bug?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiduekappa View Post
Documents and data find under iCloud configuration menu for that game. Bu sync accross devices seems not work. It's a bug?
Have you enabled "Documens & Data" from iCloud settings on both of your iOS devices?

Click here for example

iCloud should work fine. If it doesn't, please check your iCloud settings and that you are connected to the Internet.

If something doesn't work, you can report it on this thread or via iTunes support link in SpinCraft app page.

-hp
Old 11-01-2012, 10:12 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiduekappa View Post
The problem might occur if you are connected to Internet through 3G. Here is one fix that should work if you are encountering problems with iCloud sync:

1. Close SpinCraft on all devices
2. Make sure all your devices are connected to Internet
3. Open SpinCraft with the device you want to sync from
4. Make sure the game saves (e.g. go to options from launch screen and back)
5. Close SpinCraft on the device you synced from and open it on other devices

We will see what we can do to make iCloud syncing more stable in the future updates.

- Heikki
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Moustache View Post
The problem might occur if you are connected to Internet through 3G. Here is one fix that should work if you are encountering problems with iCloud sync:

1. Close SpinCraft on all devices
2. Make sure all your devices are connected to Internet
3. Open SpinCraft with the device you want to sync from
4. Make sure the game saves (e.g. go to options from launch screen and back)
5. Close SpinCraft on the device you synced from and open it on other devices

We will see what we can do to make iCloud syncing more stable in the future updates.

- Heikki
Thanks, with that procedure now it works well.