Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-27-2013, 04:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to adrianlikesbeer Send a message via Yahoo to adrianlikesbeer
Default Shape Shuffle - A Shape Saga

I'm one of the folks on the development team for Shape Shuffle (and a long time Touch Arcade reader/lurker) which was recently released to the App Store. We just released an update that we feel offers the best version of the app yet.

We're always looking for feedback and suggestions so I thought I'd mention it here and see what you guys thought.

Here's the first promotional video we did when we first released the app that pretty much sums up the gameplay.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 11-27-2013, 06:05 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Gonna give this a try, it looks quirky, is it aimed at kids! Don't mind either way as my daughter will enjoy it if it's not for adults.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:01 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to adrianlikesbeer Send a message via Yahoo to adrianlikesbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Gonna give this a try, it looks quirky, is it aimed at kids! Don't mind either way as my daughter will enjoy it if it's not for adults.
We're taking a "something for everyone" approach where the Easy to Medium puzzles are geared more towards a younger audience and Hard difficulty puzzles more for adults.

Let me know how it goes, excited to hear what you think.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default That's a lot of free puzzles!

As an app developer myself, i'd be interested to know with so many free puzzles, are people buying anything in the store? Difficult balance I know, but the game is great. Strong single player puzzler.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:01 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I have had a little go and have enjoyed what I have played, I was worried about it being too easy for me but even from the very first puzzle I had to use my brain (it could be because I'm a thicko though hehe) and they got harder the further I got. I'll be recommending to my friends and their kids as I think it's one of those nice apps for parents and kids to work together on.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdalziel View Post
As an app developer myself, i'd be interested to know with so many free puzzles, are people buying anything in the store? Difficult balance I know, but the game is great. Strong single player puzzler.
It's definitely a challenge finding the balance between offering IAP vs. a single price for the app. We just introduced "bundles" and additional puzzles to offer better value for users. Will have to see how that goes...
Old 12-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Developer
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

This is an interesting visual-puzzle idea. It looks great. The puzzle results do look nice! Seems pretty easy so far for a visual guy like me.. I wish I could deactive that cheap whohoo sound effect without deactivating all sound effects.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:24 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploink View Post
This is an interesting visual-puzzle idea. It looks great. The puzzle results do look nice! Seems pretty easy so far for a visual guy like me.. I wish I could deactive that cheap whohoo sound effect without deactivating all sound effects.
Thanks for the feedback Ploink. Let me know if you find the "Hard" puzzles challenging.

Regarding the sound effects the plan was always to add more "puzzle complete" sounds so that every time you updated there would be a selection of different sounds that are randomized when you complete the puzzle.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I liked this app, enough to give it four stars on my blog [url]http://appsaurus.blogspot.co.uk/[/url] it gets your brain working!
Gemma, thanks for the kind words on your blog. I'll be sure to share the review with the team and on our Facebook page.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Just wanted to let folks know that we updated the app (version 1.2.5) recently to include hints. Some of our users were having some troubles with the harder puzzles and requested this feature.

Check it out and let me know what you guys think.