★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BECOME YOUR FAVORITE SCI-FI HERO! PLAY FOR FREE!

Far in the FUTURE or the PAST it doesnt really matter. The point is play as SPACE MARINES, TECHNOMANCERS, SENTIENT ROBOT BEINGS and MORE in SCI-FI HEROES!

Face INSURMOUNTABLE odds and take control of these brave SCI-FI UNDERDOGS to help restore peace and KICK some serious evil Space Horde BUTT.

Features include:

Iconic Sci-Fi Heroes Players can choose from eight unique mercenaries torn from the greatest traditions of Sci-Fi: Space Marine, Animal Trainer, Space Cowboy, Priest, Id Master, Exxo, Healbot and Technomancer.

Build the Ultimate Team of Heroes Combining and controlling up to four characters at a time, players can test out different team combinations to find their perfect crew.

Futuristic Weapons and Pets With more than 100 distinctive items, players can utilize laser swords, iconic blasters and even a pet tiger. Level up and learn new skills to help take on sinister foes.

Battle Bullying Bosses Players and their ragtag group of fighters need to stay on their toes to figure out a way to beat increasingly difficult and menacing Horde bosses.

Lots of Levels, Even More Loot Maneuvering through more than 40 levels, including battle arenas, players can develop strategies and find rare, powerful items to aid in their mission.

Play With Friends Players can team up with friends in asynchronous Social Raids to get fuel and loot, or share valuable gifts to beef up solo and team battles.

Contact Majesco Entertainment:
Facebook: facebook.com/SciFiHeroes
Twitter: @scifiheroesgame
Web: scifiheroes.com

Thanks for downloading and please dont forget to rate our game.

Echoseven's comments:

10-31-2012, 06:03 AM
Just a quick side note, this may or may not come to the US tomorrow. My sources indicate a soft NZ launch, but I've been wrong before.

Either way, downloading the crap out of it!

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

10-31-2012, 06:05 AM
It's free, and it's looking like the better Borderlands Legends.

Cant wait for this. The IAP scares me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Another Majesco game? They're really firing on all cylinders to have an impact on the mobile market... Downloading now!

The narrator of the intro is none other than zero punctuation's yahtzee! Yeah that was weird

Find me on Twitter

Last edited by killercow; 10-31-2012 at 06:10 AM.
10-31-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It's iap heavy and uses energy for each level but you can redo it anytime. But it is better than borderlands legends.
*sigh*

I'd gladly pay 3$ and have a full game rather than putting up this this.
10-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Geeeez.

I was SO excited about this, too.

I would've gladly paid a Battleheart price for this, with good reason - it's basically the same game with a freemium reskin.

I love the humor and the sci-fi feel, but energy... no.

iAP i Ain't Purchasing

Edit: and the saddest thing is, it's A Good Game, minus the freemium hooks. (with good reason too, it's pretty much Battleheart)

Edit 2: I take that back. On the ancient iPhone 4, I get strange micro-lag spikes that interfere with movement controls, it takes 30 minutes to learn a new passive skill, and after playing 4 missions I still need to wait 15 minutes before I can play ONE extra mission. I'm almost tempted to take back everything good I've said up till now, but instead... I'll go play Battleheart again and have fun PLAYING the game.

Last edited by Echoseven; 10-31-2012 at 07:01 AM.
10-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Ruining a what looked like and sounded (via the description) like a good game before they even released it worldwide. Good one Devs . Thanks for the heads up on iaps and energy consumption.

Game Center: Diligence
10-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I might go get battleheart sometime hopefully soon or redownload battleloot
Battleheart is amazing, as far as I know IAP-free and is a large source of "inspiration" for this game. If Sanuku posts a video, have a look at the tutorial mission. Those that have played Battleheart will instantly recognize it.

Hell, that tutorial mission is becoming a genre of its own with how many Battleheart clones have copied it directly.

10-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
Sanuku,is it me or,as we feared,there's loads of IAP? If I see things correctly it seems there's a cartload of IAP-only gear and that some characters can only be unlocked with premium currency?