★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-02-2012, 02:45 AM
I've played this excuse of a game for five minutes, because it was laggy, bugged, completely unproportional damage from enemies, unashamed encouragement of IAP, the nonsense of Facebook usage...

Really, try to put some effort when developing a game, devs. Great intro, great music but the crapped rest just can't make it.

1 star, if I could I would give this crap -1.
11-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagusDiablo View Post
I've played this excuse of a game for five minutes, because it was laggy, bugged, completely unproportional damage from enemies, unashamed encouragement of IAP, the nonsense of Facebook usage...

Really, try to put some effort when developing a game, devs. Great intro, great music but the crapped rest just can't make it.

1 star, if I could I would give this crap -1.
Hey MagusDiablo, can you explain a little better what exactly was 'bugged?' We'd love to help fix any issue you may find. Also, as of yesterday afternoon we tuned down some of the difficulty as many players were having issues with level 3 and level 5. You should no longer have trouble getting through much of the first world.

11-02-2012, 10:46 AM
I say in a update controls need to be fixed because it doesn't read that I'm drawing a line so how about you click your guy then tap a bad guy or alien? Also it is laggy a bit I'm on touch 4g iOS 6
11-02-2012, 11:21 AM
this game has so much potential but the energy and IAPs kill it.

the controls are a bit weird sometimes. i have experienced the non-responsiveness on my 4S and 5.
11-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latency View Post

the controls are a bit weird sometimes. i have experienced the non-responsiveness on my 4S and 5.
Energy hurts it a bit yes but iap isn't needed unless getting characters or using shop and quick training. You want to play a game that iap is needed try galatic phantasy prelude and get pass the 2nd boss and let me know lol.
11-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Game Impressions

While I liked the character design, tongue in cheek story, and general flavor, this game winds up complete meh by the hamfisted freemium approach.

The energy was actually well done and I don't understand the complaining about that, if you're running out of energy on this game you have the concentration powers of an idiot savant, particularly considering the amount of replaying you need to do in order to level up newly unlocked characters, earn coins for upgrades, etc.. Three days with the game and I've never seen the energy south of 60.

However, that's the end of my praise for the freemium implementation

To start with, let's talk character unlocks. There is no reliable way to get the credits other than paying (my experience says there is no other way at all, but maybe they're rare chest rewards or something). So, in reality, if you plan to have all 8 characters available (necessary for some of the GC rewards and kind of handy since that's where your nuker and melee "jedi" are), the price of this game is $7.

Seven freaking dollars... Battleheart, the game Sci-Fi Heroes is STRONGLY influenced by, has never been more than $3, has nearly double the characters, controls better, is not built around IAP consumables, and is just an all around much tighter, better implementation on the formula.

Then there's that gear "system". Splitting out a random subsection of the gear that's available for coins after every mission under Loot while having everything available for credits in the Armory could make sense, except there's also "rare" items for coins that appear in the rotating stock, as well as items there for credits at the exact same price they're always available for in the Armory. Now, maybe, just maybe the coin gear isn't that much worse than the 30 credit gear you can buy, but my experience so far says there's a very big power gap: a factor of roughly 3X from what I've seen. If that's true, then the game is three times harder (more challenging ) unless you're willing to drop the cash for a $20 credit package to outfit a team of four. Again, maybe that uber gear is more optional than required, haven't got far enough along to tell (and probably won't), but red flags are up all over the place.

Add in things like IAP consumables, iffy controls, too many indistinguishable ranged characters, making it even harder to select characters in the midst of battle, etc., and all the presentation polish in the world is for naught.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
11-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latency View Post

Thanks for the comments. Yesterday we cut the fuel cost for world 1 in half. Are you still finding a hard wall? What level do you usually run out of fuel?

As for the controls I am on a 4S myself. I rarely, if ever, see any lag. Is there a specific point, skill, level, where you experience the most lag?
11-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrixx View Post
Thanks for the comments. Yesterday we cut the fuel cost for world 1 in half. Are you still finding a hard wall? What level do you usually run out of fuel?

As for the controls I am on a 4S myself. I rarely, if ever, see any lag. Is there a specific point, skill, level, where you experience the most lag?
Touch has lag when you tell units to do something or enemies appear all at once
11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Also want to mention that the 'social raids' feature is a great way to earn extra fuel and coins for free.
11-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Grace View Post
*sigh*

I'd gladly pay 3$ and have a full game rather than putting up this this.
Indeed, it's becoming a problem. 99.00 IAP is insane to fathom developers greed.