Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-10-2014, 07:02 AM

Default Sword King (by Win Sheng Loh)

Last edited by stanny; 09-10-2014 at 11:38 PM..
Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 AM
iPad 2

Where are the 'slay monsters' screens?
Old 09-11-2014, 02:08 AM

Haha that's them. Where it says Pirate, Skeleton etc. This game is very basic and bare bones. All you do is tap the sword which slays the monsters for gold, and use that gold to buy a weapon slot and weapon upgrades (+1, +2, etc). The catch is once you get to +6, there is a chance of the weapon breaking instead of upgrading. It starts at 60% success then every couple levels the percentage goes down.

You sword has a health bar. I'd say about 100 taps and it's depleted but I wasn't counting. Then you use a health potion or "rest until tomorrow" to replenish it. You are given 15 health potions to begin with but expect to blow through them within a half an hour of play. You can buy more health potions via IAP. Gold is also available via IAP.

It is hard to get an upgrade past level 8 because you're always fighting the chance that it may break somewhere along the way. After using all 15 potions I'm up to a level 9 weapon but must pay or wait to continue. Make sure to keep atleast two swords you're upgrading because the higher level, the more gold each tap generates. You don't want to destroy you're one and only money-maker! Not sure ill hang onto this. You tap, upgrade, tap, upgrade, break weapon!, start over. That's all there is to it. Some quests or a merchant aspect might spice things up (think Merchant to the Stars) but I dunno. Too basic.

The game has Game Center leaderboards but no achievements. I hope this early impression is informative. Am curious to see what y'all think of the game.

Last edited by Septim; 09-11-2014 at 02:39 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 04:19 AM

Meh, I like it, esp the gamble/risk of upgrading /push your luck", but it needs a little more "reward" like bigger notifications of what was slain, even avatars/pix would be "something"! It's do small and fast that it lacks the fun I could be adding.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septim View Post
Haha that's them. Where it says Pirate, Skeleton etc. This game is very basic and bare bones. All you do is tap the sword which slays the monsters for gold, and use that gold to buy a weapon slot and weapon upgrades (+1, +2, etc). The catch is once you get to +6, there is a chance of the weapon breaking instead of upgrading. It starts at 60% success then every couple levels the percentage goes down.

You sword has a health bar. I'd say about 100 taps and it's depleted but I wasn't counting. Then you use a health potion or "rest until tomorrow" to replenish it. You are given 15 health potions to begin with but expect to blow through them within a half an hour of play. You can buy more health potions via IAP. Gold is also available via IAP.

It is hard to get an upgrade past level 8 because you're always fighting the chance that it may break somewhere along the way. After using all 15 potions I'm up to a level 9 weapon but must pay or wait to continue. Make sure to keep atleast two swords you're upgrading because the higher level, the more gold each tap generates. You don't want to destroy you're one and only money-maker! Not sure ill hang onto this. You tap, upgrade, tap, upgrade, break weapon!, start over. That's all there is to it. Some quests or a merchant aspect might spice things up (think Merchant to the Stars) but I dunno. Too basic.

The game has Game Center leaderboards but no achievements. I hope this early impression is informative. Am curious to see what y'all think of the game.
Thanks for the impressions! We've got some great stuff planned up so stay tuned. I do admit the game is rather basic right now but we're going to change that with future updates. 1.1 has a Tavern feature which is a daily reward feature which provides an extra way to gain potions. 1.1 also has a double gold feature which is a power up that can pop up during game play that will double all gold gained for a set number of seconds.

Yes you don't want to break your main sword so fill up the other slots first and work on those. I like to fill up 8 other slots with +6 swords and upgrade them all one by one to +7 and so on and see how far I can go.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocrypha View Post
Meh, I like it, esp the gamble/risk of upgrading /push your luck", but it needs a little more "reward" like bigger notifications of what was slain, even avatars/pix would be "something"! It's do small and fast that it lacks the fun I could be adding.
Speaking of a bigger notification, we've got planned up a feature that is Unique Monsters. It will pop up rarely, and that should be a bigger notification! And also potentially some awesome drops too.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:52 AM

Cool! My typos aside, as I was saying, the tiny pop ups of what you slain is just so small and fast, I understand it's bc you are trying to tap fast, but heck, I'm trying to see at least the NAME of creatures and the HP values and it just falls short. But if you are really doing some updates as you said, AND if it truely is using calculated odds for success, then I'm gonna keep with it. Bc I love roulette lol.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanny View Post
Thanks for the impressions! We've got some great stuff planned up so stay tuned. I do admit the game is rather basic right now but we're going to change that with future updates. 1.1 has a Tavern feature which is a daily reward feature which provides an extra way to gain potions. 1.1 also has a double gold feature which is a power up that can pop up during game play that will double all gold gained for a set number of seconds.
Sounds good. The tavern feature might be nice. Or maybe have the potions on a timer like some games utilize energy. Anyway, look forward to seeing it evolve. It is just v1 afterall.

I have a soft spot for crafting and forging games.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septim View Post
Sounds good. The tavern feature might be nice. Or maybe have the potions on a timer like some games utilize energy. Anyway, look forward to seeing it evolve. It is just v1 afterall.

I have a soft spot for crafting and forging games.
This game has lots of potential. I'm looking forward to updates.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
This game has lots of potential. I'm looking forward to updates.
Thanks! Will keep you guys posted.