App description: IGF 2013 Finalist - Student Showcase

"If you're an RPG fan of any kind, you'll love Knights of Pen & Paper." -- Eurogamer, 9/10

"This is Role-Playing in its purest form." -- Kotaku-US

""An indie turn-based retro style pixel-art RPG." I love every single one of those adjectives." -- IGN

"Its clever, charming, customizable, and virtually infinitely replayable." -- 148 apps, 4.5/5

Set out on a grand adventure in this turn-based, retro style, pixel-art RPG, inspired by the great titles of the 90's. This +1 edition features an extended campaign, more dungeons to explore, new attacks to use in combat, and the Tavern a place to store your adventurers.

Take on the roles of in-game players taking on the roles of their characters in a traditional pen and paper RPG session in the ultimate meta roleplaying experience. As both the playing characters AND the dungeon master, players can choose which battles to fight. Put together a bunch of monsters to make for a challenging fight and your efforts will be equally rewarded!

Choose from multiple classes, such as knights and mages, pick your characters to control those classes, like grandma or kid brother, and take on the loads of quests, monsters, items and equipment littered throughout Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition. Blacksmiths, enchanters, mining, gathering, hidden treasures and a whole lot more await, giving players a lot of room to personalize their gameplay experience.
Dont wait any longer, the Pen & Paper world needs you!

KEY FEATURES:
- The ultimate pen and paper RPG simulation experience
- Put together your own role-playing group complete with the game master, the role-players and their respective classes
- Fight and explore your way through a perilous fantasy world to defeat the dark mage
- Level up and get your hands on more gold to unlock epic items and gear for your party
- As the game master, you can set up the fights yourself and choose how many monsters to battle

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

11-01-2012, 08:46 AM
The tables are the perfect example for this. If you have all of them, just one table will be active so just that one table will provide the bonus. You can switch these goodies depending on what you want to in game like: "I wanna kill things fast so I will switch every goodie into the ones that provide battle bonuses" and so on.
11-01-2012, 08:47 AM
WoW

Ok I bought this as soon as it came available! I haven't been able to put it down. I used to play Pen and Pad in my former life and this has been just the right amount of scratch for my ever present itch. It's simplicity is to me what makes it so awesome. I am enjoying this game all the way. I even told one of my D&D buddies about it and he's gonna download it when he gets off of work.

Thanks again for this awesome piece of sweetmeat,
aconfusedkender

11-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Does this game support the iPhone 5 screen size?
11-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to TheTheory
I never played a pen and paper RPG before, not really. But I'm loving this so far. The dialogue is a riot and I love how the screen is set up. I'll echo what someone earlier in the thread said--the grammar/spelling mistakes are rather endearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyBread View Post
Does this game support the iPhone 5 screen size?
Not yet, though I believe the dev said that would come soon.
11-01-2012, 10:28 AM
so not sure if this was answered yet or not. but what is the percentage on most of the areas and towns? is it quests completed or something?
11-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Very fun game, excellent concept
11-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aconfusedkender View Post
Ok I bought this as soon as it came available! I haven't been able to put it down. I used to play Pen and Pad in my former life and this has been just the right amount of scratch for my ever present itch. It's simplicity is to me what makes it so awesome. I am enjoying this game all the way. I even told one of my D&D buddies about it and he's gonna download it when he gets off of work.

Thanks again for this awesome piece of sweetmeat,
aconfusedkender
Funny, I did the same, sent the link to a couple of old D&D buddies as well and they thought the idea and game are awesome as well! The game really is fun!
11-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonHPickering View Post
so not sure if this was answered yet or not. but what is the percentage on most of the areas and towns? is it quests completed or something?

It's the % completion of quests by that specific area. If it's 100% it's because there're no more quests left at that location.
11-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gty View Post
It's the % completion of quests by that specific area. If it's 100% it's because there're no more quests left at that location.
What is the significance of a STAR marked quest?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
What is the significance of a STAR marked quest?
I think it is a quest for the main storyline.

Find me on Twitter