★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-20-2012, 03:39 PM
The consumables doubled in price in my game, maybe something went wrong. Let me check.
Edit- just checked. Consumables like cake and everything else in the shop doubled, like from 30 to 60 etc. Can anyone else confirm this?
Edit2- I'm not trying to dis the game, but seriously the rewards from fights are lower in terms of gold and exp. Before when I fought 7 missingnos I would over 10k exp with my exp items on and over $100 but now I just fought and got about 9k exp and about $57.
Could the version before the update be so old that you had decreased rewards before for android and then increased them with this update so they seem higher?
Still a good game, just kinda disappointing. Hopefully some code went wrong.
Edit3- okay I think before the update there might have been a bug on not recognizing the player's levels. Like my guys are all almost level 40 and higher levels mean less rewards right? So maybe it didn't register before and now it does so I get normal rewards which seem less. Just an idea.

Last edited by jakemat94; 11-20-2012 at 04:18 PM.
11-20-2012, 04:03 PM
well finally the update.. but oh my.. why do you guys zoomed the screen in for the iphone5 ? the iphone 5 has a bigger screen but now you see less than on the smaller 4s?

imho it feels worse than with letterboxes and somehow i expected to see more, not alot less.

11-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemat94 View Post
okay I think before the update there might have been a bug on not recognizing the player's levels. Like my guys are all almost level 40 and higher levels mean less rewards right? So maybe it didn't register before and now it does so I get normal rewards which seem less. Just an idea.
nah, they definitely nerfed gold farming. can't really blame them though. i just wish i had saved up some gold before the update
11-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Well I can. What the heck? I hate when games take away from what's there because they arn't making enough money. Add new options instead. Don't severely nerf what battles pay out. This game is entirely using a freemium model behind.a $2 entry fee now.

My advice to those who don't have the game yet: DO NOT BUY

Wait for an update to fix this, or for when it goes free...
11-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by runliketurtles View Post
Well I can. What the heck? I hate when games take away from what's there because they arn't making enough money. Add new options instead. Don't severely nerf what battles pay out. This game is entirely using a freemium model behind.a $2 entry fee now.

Yeah, it's actually a bit concerning if they intentionally nerfed gold from battles so players would buy more gold to spend more money on the game.

That being said, gty posts here regularly, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding.
11-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Loving the game even more now that some of the bugs I was experiencing (paladin attack in particular) are gone.
One question tough...I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4S...I can't see any difference in graphic (I love it btw) so I wonder what is this 'retina' upgrade...everything it is as before.

I was just wandering why I couldn't find the standard village blacksmith anymore...you probably did the right thing (another method would have be grant access to the blacksmith only after a certain level).
It's good to see that you're enjoying the game. The "retina display" thing was a misunderstanding by us and I even edited my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemat94 View Post
The consumables doubled in price in my game, maybe something went wrong. Let me check.
Edit- just checked. Consumables like cake and everything else in the shop doubled, like from 30 to 60 etc. Can anyone else confirm this?
Edit2- I'm not trying to dis the game, but seriously the rewards from fights are lower in terms of gold and exp. Before when I fought 7 missingnos I would over 10k exp with my exp items on and over $100 but now I just fought and got about 9k exp and about $57.
Could the version before the update be so old that you had decreased rewards before for android and then increased them with this update so they seem higher?
Still a good game, just kinda disappointing. Hopefully some code went wrong.
Edit3- okay I think before the update there might have been a bug on not recognizing the player's levels. Like my guys are all almost level 40 and higher levels mean less rewards right? So maybe it didn't register before and now it does so I get normal rewards which seem less. Just an idea.
These items were increased so long ago on android versions that I must confess, I didn't even remember. Android users didn't complain about it so we thought everything was good and working well. Lots of things in the game is changed by feedback, we listen a lot to our reviews and feedback, we are trying to make the best game we can based on community report. We know its a niche game so we know you're our audience. We talk about every feedback we get and this is a topic that will be discussing for sure.

I'm really sorry this patch disappointed you, when this kind of thing happens we're shooting our own feet because it's not just you, if you got disappointed other people might as well be. I will definitely take a deeper look at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
well finally the update.. but oh my.. why do you guys zoomed the screen in for the iphone5 ? the iphone 5 has a bigger screen but now you see less than on the smaller 4s?

imho it feels worse than with letterboxes and somehow i expected to see more, not alot less.
It's not really a zoom and we didn't take anything out of it. We had the same problems with samsung galaxy s3, the game wasn't on the correct resolution. Sides were being cut and black lines were on bottom/top of the game so we rearranged the interface to work entirely on your resolution and the impression it takes it's that we "zoomed in" the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajohnson1 View Post
nah, they definitely nerfed gold farming. can't really blame them though. i just wish i had saved up some gold before the update
(answering this on next quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runliketurtles View Post

We didn't nerf gold farming. We actually know that too many people complain about gold, there isn't any good reason for us to do that because people would even stop playing our game and some reviews would appear, just like yours. I know, we have in-app and that gives us money indeed, it's not something that we're hiding because it's just there for whoever wants to speed up their game and etc. But I promise you, we didn't think that way. Whoever follows this thread since beginning, we've posted since start that we don't want in-app to be needed and this isn't a freemium model at all. We have too many plans for next patches and the gold/grind/exp are in the list of subjects. What we want the most is that you, the gamer, have a great experience while playing and also have fun. We're not stealing anyone's money or would like to do it so, please keep that in mind.

We have too many things to change imo and things will be done so the game can get much better every patch. We just wanted to release the patch asap and unfortunatelly that happened. And by that, I'm really sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluros View Post
Yeah, it's actually a bit concerning if they intentionally nerfed gold from battles so players would buy more gold to spend more money on the game.

That being said, gty posts here regularly, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding.
Thanks. It is a big misunderstanding, like you all, we're also gamers. I wouldn't ever sacrifice players for some in-app.
11-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the really honest post.

To be honest, I think all this gold debate is really overrated.
I never really bought anything in the game besides potions, the in game items are not that great for how much they cost (even before the update).
I'm much happier that all the bugs I had are gone.
XP progression seems faster too.

I do wish we will see additional campaigns in the future, I would certainly pay for them.
11-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gty View Post
Thanks. It is a big misunderstanding, like you all, we're also gamers. I wouldn't ever sacrifice players for some in-app.
Thanks. You guys continue to show yourselves to be a great indie studio. Glad to continue supporting you. :-)
11-21-2012, 03:07 PM
So no more support for 5.0.1 ??
11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I finally had a chance to start playing this game recently... WOW, it's so good. Definitely going to be in my nominations for GOTY