★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Magicka Wizards of the Square Tablet (By Ludosity)

01-31-2013, 06:38 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Magicka Wizards of the Square Tablet (By Ludosity)



http://ludosity.com/2013/01/magicka-...square-tablet/

Based on the Magicka Franchise.
02-01-2013, 04:10 AM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
"The gameplay won't change too much though, as players will still have access to the seven spell elements at the press of a finger to combine spells in effective and unintentionally hilarious ways.

It will also support co-operative play for up to four players, which is cross-platform compatible so that iOS and Android users can play together.

Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet was not given an exact release date, though it is expected to arrive in the coming weeks."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...d-android.html


02-01-2013, 04:14 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,850
I admit I would have preferred a port of the original one, but it seems like a CO OP Battleheart/Castle Crasher so it could turn up good.
02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
#4
A game (possibly, or likely) inspired by an iPhone classic, but only for tablets? Curious.

And perhaps a wasted opportunity. Seems like the game would be an excellent fit for the smaller screen as well.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 02-01-2013 at 02:35 PM.
02-01-2013, 02:42 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
A game (possibly, or likely) inspired by an iPhone classic, but only for tablets? Curious.

And perhaps a wasted opportunity. Seems like the game would be an excellent fit for the smaller screen as well.
Agreed; since hypothetically this seems suitable for smaller screens I wonder if the source article is using the term "iPad" to indicate a large screen personal preference for an otherwise Universal build.
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Undeadcow, are you like the sole survivor of Killercow's attack?

Or are you just the one cow that cannot be killed by the killer of cows?
02-01-2013, 03:40 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Undeadcow, are you like the sole survivor of Killercow's attack? ...
...Great minds think alike... by that I mean I won't comment on the unspecified relationship or lack thereof between my user name and killercow's due to matters of a classified nature.
02-01-2013, 08:40 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
...Great minds think alike... by that I mean I won't comment on the unspecified relationship or lack thereof between my user name and killercow's due to matters of a classified nature.
Yeah let's not get into that, they wouldn't understand our "relationship"...


02-01-2013, 10:10 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Yeah let's not get into that, they wouldn't understand our "relationship"...


It'd probably make as much sense to them as a game like Magicka being an iPad exclusive.
02-04-2013, 10:30 AM
#10
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,746