Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-11-2013, 01:15 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Marbly Deluxe – from Tetris inventor

Hi everyone!!!

There is Deluxe version of our latest Marbly game designed by Tetris farther - Alexey Pajitnov.

Many of you already tried original version. Deluxe one doesn't require any additional purchases - just pay once and play forever. And this brings to me sweet option to give away promocode. So anyone wishing to check and review the game please PM me - I've got a couple promocodes left.

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 AM

I'm always a fan of pay once, complete games like this. And I've sent you a PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm not sure if this deluxe edition came to fruition because of criticism to the free version's F2P model, but whatever the case, more developers need to take inspiration from WildSnake and follow suit, offering "premium" priced versions of their games (without IAP) for those who don't like to dabble in Free 2 Play models.

Putting aside the graphics (which are just "okay") and the music (Korobeiniki? No, sadly...not even close), Marbly is all about gameplay. I must say, this is quite a pleasant surprise. 148apps were right comparing it to a mix of Quell and Bejeweled and to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be quite as hard as I found it during the first few levels. Then again...Pajitnov's responsible for this. In reality though, I'm just stupid at the game.

I have to commend WildSnake for the fact that is truly IAP-free. I didn't quite know what to make of the "Magic Sac with unlimited coins included no any additional purchase" comment in the app description before playing the game, but yeah...it truly is unlimited. Tap as much as you want and you'll get as many hints, solutions, retries, continues...whatever...as much as you want! Honestly, considering this came from a F2P model, it may be a little underpriced. Comparatively, to be able to play Bombcats with nothing in your face, it'll cost you at least $12. This is $5. Not "at least". $5 gets you everything. Think about that.

Of course I always, always commend developers who think about their customers. Thank you for including a colorblind option.

All in all, yeah...the game may not be too much of a looker, and the music's a tad bit annoying, but it's the gameplay that matters. This mind-boggling gameplay is damn good and an easy recommendation from me.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I am glad to see a premium version of games like this, but on the free version I had no problem eating up the first pack of levels and opening the second. It looks like I should be able to earn enough coins to unlock the third set. My question is, is there any content different between the two versions? Seems like this version is perfect for cheating since you could just use hints to solve everything.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:01 AM

Thanks for kind words and great review MC!

Yes. You read it! All main idea about the game was to deliver challenge and puzzle. It looks like some regular match-3 but anyone who tried it agrees that some times it's much closer to chess and it need whole your brain for sure.

Yep. We were thinking about some cool music as well... but Korobeiniki is already gotten.
Actually we like current music. It's simple and fun. But it's all about everyone's preferences.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Comparatively, to be able to play Bombcats with nothing in your face, it'll cost you at least $12. This is $5. Not "at least". $5 gets you everything. Think about that.
Yep. And think that about twice because actually we claim current price as promotional one. Obviously it should grow up to the price of Magic Sac in the regular version a little bit later.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:18 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSnake View Post
Yep. And think that about twice because actually we claim current price as promotional one. Obviously it should grow up to the price of Magic Sac in the regular version a little bit later.
Seriously, if anyone tried out the free-to-play version and liked it enough to spend some money on the deluxe version, but thinks $5 is too steep....it isn't. Keep in mind that is is a premium version of a freeeeee-tooooooo-plaaaaaay game. Get it now before it goes up.

Oh, and of course as nightc1 said, I had my concerns that the point of playing the game would be null and void if you could use as many hints and solves as you want, but in reality...these are cheater IAP in the F2P version and you've already technically paid for the right to use them in this version.

WildSnake, I have to ask: Do you plan on adding retina graphics for iPad?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
WildSnake, I have to ask: Do you plan on adding retina graphics for iPad?
I didn't even knew they've got one.
(Well. I'm not a coder after all.. )

Does it look so terrible on iPad with Retina? - Should push my sister to buy newer one to test this. She likes all these Pads a lot..

PS Why do we need all these different screen resolutions? Weren't we just great with iPhone 3?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:46 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSnake View Post
I didn't even knew they've got one.
(Well. I'm not a coder after all.. )

Does it look so terrible on iPad with Retina? - Should push my sister to buy newer one to test this. She likes all these Pads a lot..

PS Why do we need all these different screen resolutions? Weren't we just great with iPhone 3?
Hahaha, yeah...I agree. They should've just stopped with the 3G! (Nooo!!!)

It's not terrible, it just could look a little "cleaner". It's not that big of a deal, to be honest.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Hahaha, yeah...I agree. They should've just stopped with the 3G! (Nooo!!!)

It's not terrible, it just could look a little "cleaner". It's not that big of a deal, to be honest.
Ah! I see!
So it doesn't ( let's say ) open like half sized or something?

I'm not kidding actually - I haven't checked it on iPad with Retina yet. Now I wonder atually which one Alexey had? I just believe it was ... white.

I should visit some Apple retail and just check the game on all possible devices there.
( Haven't anyone pointed guerilla marketing option for indies to setup their games on all devices in all Apple Stores around the globe? )