iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okaycat View Post
Here is 4 more promo codes for Robocat Rampage:

X3WPEY3JP9KL
RRRNEJJ93PT7
MJEFEJ366LXW
37F7NF9PPP9M *redeemed, no longer valid*

Post an update to the thread if you use a code to download the game, or if you try a code & find it has already been used
Damn came too late for the promo code fest. Will wait a bit until I see a video before I decide to jump in. Game looks fun.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Hash View Post
Damn came too late for the promo code fest. Will wait a bit until I see a video before I decide to jump in. Game looks fun.
X3WPEY3JP9KL ?????
RRRNEJJ93PT7 ?????
MJEFEJ366LXW *redeemed, no longer valid*
37F7NF9PPP9M *redeemed, no longer valid*

Yeah I think all the above codes are redeemed now? Anyway people asking for video Sorry its low quality recording, we'll make a nicer video soon to showcase the game more properly! It's my wife playing here hehehe

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Okaycat; 11-01-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 01:18 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Only have had a little time to play but I like what I see
Really nice graphics and fairly decent controls although because I have fairly large thumbs its a little difficult playing the game in an upright portrait mode on an itouch....would prefer landscape mode option
Can't wait to play more!

Last edited by Capricornman; 11-01-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Happy you're enjoying it Capricornman & thank you for the feedback! We just finished the 'official' promo video which shows the gameplay much better... so i'm adding it to this thread:

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 AM

I like the gameplay so far, but I don't know what I'm doing. It really needs a short tutorial or at least more detailed instructions. I have no idea why I'm losing lives. Also, at first I didn't realize that I must find some animal, so I just let the clock time down after reaching 45k points and was surprised when I lost.

Other than that, I really dig the theme and concept, smashing civilisation is really fun.

Last edited by punch.rockgroin; 11-02-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Gave it a shot, and found the controls extremely sluggish. Turning in particular is painful, making it difficult to play.

Otherwise, the gameplay is pretty interesting. You play as a giant robot cat who's tasked with destroying all civilization. Smash something man-made, and get points. Smash trees and lose points.

My other issue is that I kept getting hurt, and there was no feedback that told me what was actually hurting me. You end up losing the game without knowing why.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Gave it a shot, and found the controls extremely sluggish. Turning in particular is painful, making it difficult to play.
I felt the same way at first, but after realising that you can use the eye button to turn, the controls went from "really bad" to "almost ok".
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch.rockgroin View Post
I felt the same way at first, but after realising that you can use the eye button to turn, the controls went from "really bad" to "almost ok".
The impressions I posted above were after I had been using the eye button. They're just bad. Being able to swipe anywhere on the screen to turn (and change the joystick to strafe instead of turn) would be far better.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
The impressions I posted above were after I had been using the eye button. They're just bad. Being able to swipe anywhere on the screen to turn (and change the joystick to strafe instead of turn) would be far better.
Can't disagree with that. I really hope they change the controls.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:

Otherwise, the gameplay is pretty interesting. You play as a giant robot cat who's tasked with destroying all civilization. Smash something man-made, and get points. Smash trees and lose points.

My other issue is that I kept getting hurt, and there was no feedback that told me what was actually hurting me. You end up losing the game without knowing why.
Hi Strivemind, in the game's design i purposefully decided the giant robot cat would not rush around, he's chilling as he does his work. Thinking of other giant monsters, you don't see a godzilla running along As you play you'll get used to the control & becomes more fun!

Things that are hurting you unexpectedly is likely the fire when you destroy things, sometimes things burn & this can hurt you. So gotta quick in & out to get things safely. Also you might be being shot at & there's sometimes spikes or other man-made hazards so take a look around what's going on.

There is more about enemies & stuff at the website: robocatrampage.com